Zoodles In A Vegan Alfredo Sauce With Sautéed Onion, Mushroom & Garlic a.k.a. Plant-Based “Cheesy” Deliciousness!
Tonight for dinner, I whipped up these zucchini noodles in a vegan Alfredo sauce with sautéed onion, mushroom & garlic! The thing is, I didn’t actually make the Alfredo sauce (for once in my life!). The star of the show is the Le Grand Power of Plants sauce. Yes, it’s packaged. BUT, I am LEGIT in awe of how clean the ingredients are. Y’all know I’m a lover of any & all things homemade, but when something packaged is THIS clean, I stand by it, I buy it & I devour it!
The sauce is made with very minimal ingredients: coconut milk, navy & Lima beans, kale, dried shiitake mushrooms, sea salt, fresh garlic & fine herbs. Yes, that’s it. That’s all.
It contains a good dose of fibre, protein, vitamin A + C, calcium, iron & it’s dairy-free & contains no preservative or added sugars!
Honestly, I’m always amazed when I find something packaged that’s THIS CLEAN. Let’s be honest, in today’s day & age, it’s not easy to come by healthy packaged foods. But this sauce. OHMAHGOODNESS.
Now the sauce is ALREADY so delicious, but when you add in the spices & a good ‘ol HEAPING TBSP. of nutritional yeast, that’s when you make it EVEN BETTER.
Let me help this deliciousness become a part of your life (or well, your dinner).
Now, what do you need?!
- 1 medium zucchini, ZOODLED (Is that a word?);
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1/2 a white onion, DICED;
- 1/2 package of Cremini mushrooms;
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the Le Grand Power of Plants Alfredo sauce;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Black pepper + Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast;
- 1/2 tsp. dried herbs;
- 2 tbsp. filtered water (or almond milk).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Once heated, add the garlic & onion and sauté until the garlic is browned & fragrant & the onion is translucent.
- Now, add the mushrooms & sauté until browned & cooked through.
- Lower your heat to medium & add your zoodles, pasta sauce, spices, nutritional yeast & 2 tbsp. of filtered water (or almond milk).
- Sauté it all for about 1-2 minutes until the sauce is incorporated with the rest of the ingredients & your zoodles are slightly cooked but still crunchy!