Late lunchin’ (sometimes) means smoothie lunchin’!
Y’all know about my obsession with the MATCHA COLLAGEN by Vital Proteins. I’ve been using it in my overnight oats quite often this winter, so it was only fitting I’d try it in a smoothie, right? I know! TODAY WAS THE DAY BABY!
P.S. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will find my affiliate link to purchase any & all of your fave Vital Proteins products!
Today’s smoothie is packed with:
- antioxidants & vitamin C!
- omega fatty-acids!
- good carbs!
- natural sweetness!
- anti-inflammatory & anti-microbial benefits!
- great for muscle recovery!
- a natural source of melatonin!
- contains tons of fibre & digestive health benefits thanks to the fruit, psyllium husk, spinach & steamed then frozen cauliflower (P.S. PRO TIP: Steaming the cauliflower first makes it easier on the body to digest).
- spinach also provides a great source of vitamin K, potassium, protein, iron & calcium for bone, heart & skin health!
P.S. I’m tots aware that this smoothie is not the prettiest when it comes to colour. I mean, let’s be honest, the colour is pretty darn ugly.
What do you need to get all of those benefits? Let me explain!
- 1/2 cup of homemade vanilla cinnamon cashew milk;
- OR any other plant-based homemade milk or store-bought milk or regular milk);
- 1/4 cup of water;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins matcha collagen;
- (Replace with more protein for vegan option!
- 1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan vegan sprouted vanilla protein;
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk powder;
- 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries;
- 5-6 frozen dark tart cherries;
- A few chunks of steamed then frozen cauliflower;
- A heaping handful of spinach!
- TOPPINGS: Blueberries, raspberries & granola!
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth & creamy.
- Add more cashew milk or water if you want to thin it out a bit;
- OR more collagen/cauliflower to thicken it.
- Top with bluebs, raspberries & granola.