GLUTEN-FREE MATCHA MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, anyone?
Guys, I’m STUNNED at this creation.
The secret ingredient in these babies is Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen, which BTW, I am beyond obsessed with!!! I use it in oats, smoothies & now… THESE MIRACULOUS COOKIES!
BTW, did you guys know that matcha is loaded with more antioxidants than any other tea?
- It has 60x more antioxidants than spinach!
- It also helps boost brain function & promote healthy skin!
- And wait for it, not only are you getting all the antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, energy & detoxifying benefits of matcha with these munchkins, BUT YOU’RE ALSO GETTING ALL THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN, which you can read about here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
BTW, if you’re not a fan of matcha, you can totally replace it with any other green powder of your choice, such as: chlorella, moringa or spirulina, or adaptogen powder (such as: ashwaganda, chaga, reishi, maca, cordyceps) or even protein powder or even unflavoured collagen peptides!
If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, these are basically it in cookie form!
The almond flour gives them a perfectly crumbly texture on the outside & just the right amount of moist & chewy on the inside!
It’s also a great way to dose these babies with some healthy fats, fibre, making them a satisfying, filing & great afternoon pick-me-up snack!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour;
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup;
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil;
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic sea salt;
- 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins matcha collagen OR 1.5 tbsp. organic matcha powder (To make these babes vegan!) OR any other powder of your choice (adaptogens, other green powders, protein, regular unflavoured collagen, etc.
- 1/4 tsp. pure organic peppermint extract;
- 1/4 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda;
- 1 tsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir together all the ingredients until fully combined & a batter is formed! Then fold in the chocolate chips!
- Roll the dough into cookies & place on the lined baking sheet, making roughly 12-14 cookies. Press them down to shape them (since there are no eggs, they won’t spread much!).
- Bake the babes until lightly golden around the edges, about 10-12 minutes.