Green is the new black!
Are you guys on the same page as me? Like, do you agree? Okay well, even if you don’t, will you give me a chance to try to convince you? C’mon.
Oh, you’re giving me your approval. Okay, great. Thanks!
Healing juices made from vegetables, fruits & herbs date back to ancient societies. The Ayurvedic term “amit ras” translates to “immortality juice” & speaks to the ability of natural elixirs to optimize life’s energy.
Adding green juice to your life is a great way to incorporate more fresh produce into your life & a great way to get in a good dose of vitamins & minerals, not to mention some of the other benefits it provides! Green juice contains plant-purified water, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, proteins, fiber, carbohydrates, phytonutrients in the form of carotene, lycopene etc., & chlorophyll!
Wanna know more about the benefits?
Let me explain. DUH.
- Green juice contains tons of antioxidants + vitamin C, which helps boost immunity & brain function, promotes healthy skin & helps fight & prevent certain diseases.
- It contains tons of fibre, which helps boost digestion by preserving vital enzymes aka LESS BLOAT & more regular bowel movements! Unlike bottled drinks heated during pasteurization & sometimes hiding synthetic & GMO ingredients, fresh juices is totally raw & you control what goes in them!
- Helps boost mood!
- Juice up your sex life (& boost fertility!)
- Boost energy due to high alkalinity content. The body’s vitality & endurance are related to a proper pH balance & the body’s metabolic process depends on an alkaline environment, which is often interrupted by highly acidic diet.
- GREEN JUICE MAKES YOU GLOW!
- It also helps you meet the RDV for sleep-enhancing vitamins & minerals, which makes you sleep better (which is necessary for mental health, hormone balance & recovery).
- It’s easy, quick & simple! All you need is a blender or juicer, tons of greens & a bit of fruit for natural sweetness. This means YOU LITERALLY HAVE NO EXCUSE TO BE LAZY.
NOW WITH ALL THIS IN MIND… I mean, the question is:
Is there any reason NOT TO green juice?
I didn’t think so either!
Great, now that we’re more certainly on the same page, let’s get right to it, why don’t we?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 stalks of celery, CHOPPED;
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley (or other fresh herb, such as cilantro or mint);
- 1 heaping handful of spinach;
- 1-2 heaping handfuls of kale;
- 1-2 heaping handfuls of romaine lettuce;
- 1 medium cucumber, DICED;
- 1/2 (or whole) kiwi, PEELED & DICED (Use a full kiwi if you’re not the biggest fan of green juice & want to add a bit more natural sweetness!)
- 1-2 tsp. fennel seeds;
- The juice of 2 organic lemons;
- 1.5 – 3 cups of filtered water (IMO, you’ll want to start with the minimum 1.5 cups & make your way up if you see that the veggies aren’t fully blended & if you need to thin out the consistency of your juice!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Simply add all your ingredients to your blender (or use a juicer if you have one) & blend on high speed for about 2-3 minutes.
- The goal is to get all the fruit incorporated & liquified!
- Start out with 1.5 cups of water & make your way up as you go based on the desired texture/consistency of your juice!
- Store the juice in an airtight container in your refrigerator!