THE LAST RECIPE of this week’s meal prep is this THAI GINGER CILANTRO GROUND CHICKEN!
This one’s bound to become a classic! Ready in under 20 minutes, delicious, nutritious & spiced to perfection!
So I definitely make a conscious effort to incorporate more plant-based protein into my diet, but lean ground chicken is definitely something I cannot go without!
What I love about preparing a ground chicken recipe for meal prep is that it’s so versatile that you could eat it a different way everyday (& you just won’t get sick of it, not only because it’s so good but because you won’t get bored of eating the same thing everyday).
You can eat it:
- as is!
- stirred into brown rice!
- in Buddha bowls!
- lettuce wraps!
- in grilled bell peppers!
- sweet potato or spaghetti squash halves!
Basically, the possibilities are endless!!!!
Most of my meal preps involve some sort of ground chicken recipe (some weeks I’ll do ground turkey too!) & those are mainly the reasons why! I mean, do you blame me?
This week, I decided to hit up the Thai flavours & opted for some white onion, green onion, coconut oil, ginger, chilli flakes, coconut aminos, rice vinegar & CILANTRO FOR DAYZ.
Without further ado, let me tell you how to make it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 white onion, DICED;
- 1 package of lean ground chicken;
- 1 tsp. ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. onion powder;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes;
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos;
- 2 tbsp. organic rice vinegar (no salt or sugar added);
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro;
- 3 green onions, CHOPPED;
- Sea salt & black pepper.
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Spray a medium skillet with coconut oil cooking spray & heat over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the onion & sauté for about 5 minutes, until browned & fragrant.
- Now, lower your fire to medium. Add the chicken & spices, coconut aminos & rice vinegar & sauté for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken begins to look cooked through & browned.
- Add the cilantro & green onion, season with sea salt & black pepper & sauté for another 1-3 minutes!