KAY GUYS, I am about to make your day, afternoon or night (depending on when you are reading this), WITH THESE TRUFFLES!!!!
I bet you didn’t think healthy truffles existed. Healthy ones do. Unhealthier ones do too. If I told you that you could make the healthier kind in the comfort of your own home on a cold winter night & then snuggle up on the couch by the fire with a few of ’em & a hot cacao, would you choose that over leaving your house to go to the store & pick up a packaged version that most certainly contains tons of sugar? Come on. I know the answer is YES.
That’s the reality: Most chocolate truffles sold today contain tons of sugar, butter & refined/processed ingredients that we could maybe pronounce & some that we can’t even! That’s why YOU MAKE YOUR OWN using raw & clean ingredients!
This recipe is super easy, simple, delicious & requires only a few simple ingredients!
In this recipe, the avocado really acts as the butter/binder & adds tons of silky, rich, thick, creamy & smooth texture to the truffles! Not to mention, it packs tons of health benefits ranging from being an incredible source of omega fatty acids, to a great food for skin, hair & nail health, that contains tons of antioxidants, vitamin C, protein & other essential vitamins & minerals.
I did say I was going to make your day/night/afternoon, YOUR WHATEVER, & I was most certainly not kidding. Guys, as soon as I tell you how to make these (a.k.a. NOW), go make them. Do yourselves a heck of a favour. Okay?
- 1 tbsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 2 ripe avocados, CORED & slightly mashed up;
- THE MORE RIPE your avo is THE BETTER THE TEXTURE (& the easier the blend!).
- 3/4 cup raw organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- 1/2 tbsp. manuka honey;
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt;
- Ceylon cinnamon for dusting;
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of filtered water (To make blending easier. Start slow & add more if necessary!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & blend until fully combined & a thick truffle batter is obtained.
- Add water if you’re having trouble with blending.
- Place the truffle batter in a bowl & refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to allow it to firm up & make rolling easier.
- Once firm, remove the batter from the fridge, roll the babes to your desired truffle size & then roll them in cinnamon for coating.
- Refrigerate & DEVOUR as you like! 🤤