Next up is this Moroccan whole-wheat couscous salad!
Y’all know I’m Moroccan so here I am taking you back to my roots. BUT WAIT…
- A great source of lean vegetarian protein!
- Contains lots of fibre (which makes it great for digestion), essential vitamins, such as B vitamins, selenium & trace minerals!
- Provides an overall immune system & metabolism boost.
- It’s also rich in antibacterial & antiviral properties.
- It may also help improve muscle mass!
- Heart healthy & helps regulate blood pressure!
- It’s a fun alternative to quinoa & rice! (& so much easier & quicker to prepare!!! Legit… FIVE MINUTES!).
- It’s fluffy! I MEAN, who doesn’t like FLUFFFFFF?!
Now, this ain’t just a couscous salad. I loaded it with tons of fruits & veggies, which add tons of vitamins, antioxidants, fibre & natural sweetness to the mix!
Speaking of fibre; fibre is actually so important because so many of us are failing to meet the recommended levels. Not only is it great for digestion but it helps fight heart disease, diabetes, & high blood pressure. The good new sis you can get your fibre fix from tons of fruits & veggies, BUT ALSO FROM COUSCOUS. If you’re looking for a meal that’s high in fibre & also packs a huge fruit & veg punch, look no further BABY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of whole wheat organic couscous & 1 cup of boiling water;
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1/2 cup of cilantro & parsley (mixed);
- 2 tsp. ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. ginger;
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika;
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds;
- 2 green onions (chopped);
- 1 small cucumber (diced);
- 5 dried organic apricots (unsweetened & diced);
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste;
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. organic rice wine vinegar;
NOW, FOR THAT HOW TO:
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Once boiled, add it to a skillet with 1 cup of couscous, cover & let sit for 5 minutes.
- Prep your veggies/fruit!
- Once the couscous is ready, remove it from the stove & add in 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar. Fluff & stir it, then let it couscous cool off a bit.
- Once the couscous is cooled, add it to a bowl with the rest of your ingredients.
- Season the salad & toss until all veggies are coated in the seasoning!