MILK & COOKIES, ANYONE?!
Me! Me! Me!!!!
Y’all knew you could eat to get all the health benefits of oats, BUT DID Y’ALL KNOW YOU COULD DRINK & GET THEM TOO?
Today, for the first time, instead of making almond, cashew or hemp milk, I tried Minimalist Baker’s homemade oat milk. Her original recipe calls for maple syrup, but I swapped it for some Manuka honey for the added health benefits & to give this milk an immunity boost and an extra dose of antioxidants!
Given my obsession with oats & all the health benefits they provide, you can imagine I was STOKED when I found out that oat milk was a thing!!!!
NOW I could get my oats & MORE IMPORTANTLY, MY MILK & COOKIES FIX, in an EVEN healthier way!
This milk is so amazing for so many reasons!!!!
- 5 ingredients & 5 minutes! (& NO, water doesn’t count as an ingredient, ok?);
- Silky & creamy!
- Naturally sweet!
- Full of protein & fibre!
- A great alternative to nut milks for those who are allergic, which still provides a healthy dose plant-based protein!
- Refined sugar-free!
- It’s great for smoothies, overnight oats, baked treats or with cereal/muesli or granola OR WITH MY BLACK BEAN COOKIES!!!! Make them: Vegan/Clean-Eating/Gluten-Free DOUBLE Chocolate Cookies a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Rich-&-Fudgy-Brownies-of-Cookies-Made-With-The-Most-Real-Ingredgients-Oh-&-Will-You-Marry-Me?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 3 cups of filtered water;
- Pinch of sea salt;
- 2 tsp. manuka honey;
- Swap for 1 organic date (soaked), raw organic unpasteurized (& preferably local) honey or pure organic maple syrup!
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE IT?
- Add all ingredients to blender & blend for 1 minute until the mixture is well combined! It doesn’t have to be 100% because you’ll be straining!
- Pour the milk over a large mixing bowl covered with a dish towel (A nut milk leaves too much residue through).
- Transfer to a sealed container or mason jar & refrigerate!
- It should keep for up to 5 days!
- Shake well before drinking & do not heat (or it will become gelatinous!).
- DRINK UP!!!!