Coming atchu for the start of meal prep today with these delicious gluten-free chocolate Rice Krispie cookies! I’m here (& so are they) to brighten your day & bring back tons of childhood memories!
As you guys know, I firmly believe that when you’re trying to eat healthier, depriving your body of what it’s craving simply sets you up for long-term failure! That’s why I absolutely love & find passion in making healthier choices & alternatives of the things I love! ONE OF WHICH IS RICE KRISPIES!
In fact, I love them so much that I already have a recipe up here for Rice Krispie bars: 5-Ingredient Gluten-Free & Vegan Rice Krispie Treats a.k.a. Taking You Back To Your Childhood One Healthy Bite At A Time!!
BUT TODAY, we’re talking about my take on Rice Krispies but in cookie form!! (& so much healthier!).
GUYS, these are so good that I’d call them dessert!
BUT, you’d never believe me if I told you this DESSERT is gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, egg free & soy free! I mean, I’m satisfying almost everyone RN, aren’t I? AND WAIT, I didn’t forget about my nut-free babes! All you gotta do to make these nut-free-friendly is sub the almond butter for sunflower seed butter or coconut butter!
They are sweet, crumbly, chewy, light & airy but have just the right amount of crunch! And wait, they’re so soft & gooey & buttery that you’d think they were laden with dairy! BUT NAH!!!!
Made with just One Degree Organics veganic sprouted brown rice cacao crisps, almond butter, brown rice syrup, raw cacao powder, pure organic maple syrup, Ceylon cinnamon & a hint of sea salt, these babies will WOW YOU & YES, EVEN YOUR KIDS! (a.k.a. You can & will FOOL THEM with these, I promise & I never make promises I can’t keep!).
The ingredients literally MELT together as they warm in the oven & you’ll be SO delighted by the smell in your kitchen that you’ll melt with them!!!!
NOW, without further ado, let’s discuss what you need to make these babies:
- 1.5 cups of One Degree Organics veganic sprouted brown rice cacao crisps;
- 1/4 cup of creamy almond butter;
- 1/8 cup of brown rice syrup;
- 1/8 cup pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tsp. raw organic cacao powder;
- Ceylon cinnamon sprinkle;
- A dash of Celtic sea salt!
And for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- Add the rice crisps to a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the almond butter, brown rice syrup & maple syrup in a medium sauce pan (or a microwave). Whisk the ingredients (or mix them) until the almond butter is completely melted into the syrup!
- Once the almond butter mix is made, whisk in the cacao powder, cinnamon & sea salt, until there is no more powder leftover!
- Add the almond butter mix to the rice crisps & stir to combine. The cereal should begin to stick together.
- Wet your hands & scoop out the mixture, forming it into balls! Place the balls on the lined baking sheet & lightly flatten them. It’s crucial to wet your hands in between every one to two balls so that it doesn’t get too sticky & messy!
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the tops of the cookies begin to brown! The cookies might seem a bit under-baked when they come out, but they’re not. Don’t over-bake them! Let them cool – they will crisp up as they cool, TO PERFECTION!