Vegan Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip (Ice Cream) Smoothie a.k.a. OhMyChocolateyGoodness (P.S. Baskin Robbins, Who?)
VEGAN MATCHA MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP SMOOTHIE!!!
Okay, who else loves a good ‘ol cone or cup (whatever floats your boat babes!) of mint chocolate chip ice cream? I MEAN, the question should probably be reworded as: WHO DOESN’T?!
This smoothie is basically a healthy version (that tastes JUST AS DECADENT. I SWEAR!!!). It tastes like ice cream but it’s made with bananas, spinach & vegan fermented & sprouted chocolate protein instead (I used Sun Warrior!). It’s topped with organic raw cacao nibs & I threw in some matcha for an extra dose of health, antioxidants & vitamin C for an immunity boost on this cold winter day!
What makes this smoothie great is not only its deliciousness & the fact that it’ll bring back so many CHILDHOOD MEMORIES, but also, the fact that it’s:
- Made with just a few simple ingredients!
- Ready in under 5 minutes!
- Clean, healthy, raw, gluten-free & vegan!
- Tastes like a milkshake, LEGIT.
- The perfect hint of minty deliciousness!
- AND I MEAN… CHOCOLATE. Need I say more?
I know, you probably think I’m insane drinking a smoothie when there’s a snowstorm outside, BUT IT’S ALL ABOUT WHAT’S IN YOUR SMOOTHIE. This one screams:
- decadent & INDULGENT!
NOW, THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: How on earth do I go about accomplishing something that tastes THIS GOOD, with such healthy ingredients? Let me explain!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk for thicker smoothie!);
- 1/2 cup filtered water;
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior vegan fermented & sprouted chocolate protein;
- 1/4 banana (a frozen banana will make your smoothie thicker!);
- 1/4 tsp. pure organic peppermint extract;
- 1/4 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 tbsp. organic matcha powder;
- A heaping handful of fresh spinach;
- A few ice cubes;
- TOPPING: Raw organic cacao nibs.
And now, for that HOW-TO (It can’t get simpler, seriously):
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until smooth & creamy!
- For added thickness, add more banana or protein powder or swap almond milk for coconut milk!
- Top with raw cacao nibs & DEVOUR! (A.K.A. GO TO ICE CREAM HEAVEN!!!!!!).