Tonight’s dinner was a SPINACH SALAD loaded with tons of nutritious deliciousness & topped with a perfectly boiled egg in an apple cider lemon balsamic dressing!
Now, I could get right to the recipe & make things simple & easy… BUT THE SALAD IS ALREADY SIMPLE ENOUGH, okay? So please, let me get into why this salad is so nutritious. Y’all know me, I DON’T just say something is nutritious without explaining why! So here goes:
- SPINACH: Plant-based protein source, packed with antioxidants, rich source of fibre, niacin, zinc, potassium, calcium, vitamin B6, vitamins A, C, E & K, folate & magnesium!
- EGG: Great source of protein, healthy fats & contains tons of vitamins & minerals, such as B2, B6, B12 (very important if you’re vegan/vegetarian or limit your consumption of meat/salmon), zinc, iron, selenium & copper!
- PUMPKIN SEEDS: Great source of healthy fats & plant-based protein. Rich source of magnesium & zinc, great for digestion & packed with antioxidants!
- POMEGRANATES: Heart healthy, packed with vitamin C & antioxidants, natural aphrodisiac (YAS), fights bacterial infection & helps with joint pain!
- GRAPES: Antioxidants for days. Heart & eye healthy, great way to add natural sweetness to recipes, contain tons of vitamin C, B1, B2, B6 & A, anti-inflammatory, improves memory, boost energy & help with indigestion.
- BRUSSLS SPROUTS: Excellent source of vitamin C & K, They’re also super rich in fibre & a great source of plant-based protein. They’re rich in potassium, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids, B6, B1 and tons of other vitamins & mineral.s
- APPLE CIDER: To read all about the benefits, CLICK HERE: The Nitty-Gritty on None Other Than APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!
- LEMON: To read all about the benefits, CLICK HERE: Lemon Water a.k.a. The-Only-&-Healthy-&-Best-&-Yummy-Way-To-Start-Oops-I-Mean-Detox-Your-Day-Right
- BALSAMIC: BETCHA DIDN’T THINK IT HAD ANY BENEFITS, RIGHT? It actually contains tons of antioxidants (polyphenols), which can help protect the body from heart disease & cancer! It improves immunity & fights cell damage!
HOW’S THAT FOR A FULLY LOADED SALAD? RIGHT?
Now, let’s load you up on it!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 or 2 heaping handfuls of spinach;
- 1 small cucumber, SLICED;
- A small handful of cherry tomatoes, halved;
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds;
- 2 to 3 tbsp. pomegranate seeds;
- A few green grapes, halved;
- 1/4 cup of my Vegan Cheesy Garlicky Sautéed Brussels Sprouts a.k.a. Nobody Said Vegans Couldn’t Be Cheesy! OR other sautéed or roasted veggies;
- 1 boiled egg.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup wine vinegar (OR pure organic maple syrup);
- Juice of a lemon;
- 1/4 tsp. cumin;
- 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast;
- Sea salt + black pepper for taste.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Boil your egg:
- Bring a small skillet filled with water to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower heat to medium-low, add in your egg & let simmer for 8-9 minutes, depending how yolky you like it.
- Once ready, run the egg under cold water to stop the cooking process for about 30 seconds to a minute!
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl (except the egg!).
- Season the salad directly in the same bowl & toss to combine until all ingredients are fully coated!
- Top the salad with the boiled egg & drizzle with coarsely ground black pepper!