Here’s another fitness post! You guys asked & I delivered (DUH!). I always love getting your feedback because it’s a way for me to make sure that you guys are benefitting from & liking the content that I’m putting out there, so THANK YOU <3.
One of my fitness goals these days is to tone & cut my arms. I’ve been continuing with my usual classes at Cielo Studios (DUH; it’s like my second home at this point!). But I’ve also been heading into the gym to do some arm-focused workouts with weights & machines!
I still have a long way to go but I’m definitely starting to see results! I’m taking it day by day, one baby step at a time, but it feels great to see myself getting stronger every week!
Here’s a recap of today’s arm workout for some inspo! It’s definitely a little tougher (for me, anyway!) than the one I posted earlier this week but it was a great way to challenge myself & it felt amazing when I was done!
Like I always say, you can use it as inspiration but don’t push yourself if it’s too much for you! Listen to your body! By the same token, feel free to intensify it if it’s too easy for you! Find what works for you!
Before I went into the gym this morning, it’s safe to say I was already warmed up! I had done a one-hour boxing class before my arm workout, which is basically an hour of cardio (& a bit of weights!). If you decide to do this workout, I definitely recommend warming up & stretching before (especially because you’ll be putting a lot of strain on your arms, shoulders & wrists!).
Here it is!
- Overhead Press Machine (37.5lbs.), 3 sets, 15 reps (30 seconds – 1 minute break in between each set).
- Barbell Front Lateral Raise (20 lbs.), 3 sets, 15 reps (30 seconds – 1 minute break in between each set).
- Barbell Curls (5, 10 & 15 lbs., 1x each for every set), 3 sets, 15 reps of each (30 seconds – 1 minute break in between each set). Basically, in case my explanation isn’t clear (& I don’t think it is), each set includes 1 set of lifting the 5lb., 1 set of lifting the 10lb. & 1 set of lifting the 15lb. barbell, then you take a break & you repeat the same process twice, so you end up doing each one 3x!
- Single-Arm Shoulder Press Machine (20lbs.), 3 sets on each side (for a total of 6), 15 reps.
- Triceps Kickbacks (10 lbs.), 3 sets, 12 reps.