Vegan Warm & Comforting Ginger Carrot Soup Topped With Pumpkin Seeds & Sliced Raw Almonds a.k.a. A Delicious Bowl of Sweet & Spicy Antioxidant Comfort Food!
Million dollar question:
WHO IS NOT DOWN FOR A BOWL OF VEGAN WARM & COMFORTING GINGER CARROT SOUP on these cold winter days?
Guys, come on. I know you want it.
When I was deciding what to meal prep this week, I knew I just had to make a soup! I mean, we’re hitting mid-December here & the holidays are around the corner!!!! You know what that means? Snowstorms are about to hit us. And what’s better than a hot sweet & spicy soup to warm us up by the fireplace while watching Netflix & hibernating?
This bowl of deliciousness is filled with tons of antioxidants & vitamin C, is super detoxifying & anti-inflammatory & contains tons of amino acids!
Aside from its health benefits, it’s thick, rich, creamy, velvety smooth, indulgent & feels like comfort food!
Made with just sweet white onion, carrots, organic low-sodium vegetable broth, ground ginger, Naked Coconuts coconut aminos, sea salt, black pepper & onion powder!
This soup is great topped with some pumpkin seeds, raw organic slivered almonds, hemp hearts, chia or flax seeds for some healthy omega fatty acids, added protein & an added kick of health!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- 1 sweet white onion, SLICED LENGTHWISE;
- 5-6 large carrots, PEELED & CHOPPED INTO LARGE ROUNDS;
- 1 cup of organic low-sodium vegetable broth;
- 2 cups of filtered water (DIVIDED);
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. onion powder;
- 2-3 tbsp. of Naked Coconuts coconut aminos;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Spray a medium deep skillet with coconut oil cooking spray & heat over medium-high heat Once heated, add the onion & sauté until browned, translucent & fragrant!
- Once the onion is cooked, add the carrots, vegetable broth & 1 cup of the filtered water & bring to a boil;
- Once boiled, lower the heat to medium & let simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until the carrots are fully softened & you can stick a knife through them! Stir every now & then!
- Add the onions, carrots, ginger, onion powder, 1 cup of filtered water, coconut aminos, sea salt & black pepper to your blender & blend (OR use the soup function) until smooth, thick & creamy consistency is obtained!
- If you find the soup is too thick, you can thin it out by adding more filtered water, broth or coconut aminos!
- If it’s not thick enough, JUST KIDDING. TRUST ME. IT IS.
- Before serving, top with pumpkin seeds &/or sliced raw almonds (or other nuts or seeds of your choice!).