Next up on today’s meal prep menu is this SMOKEY CHIPOTLE BALSAMIC VEGGIE SAUTÉ (& by veggies, today, I mean: KALE, BROCCOLI & MUSHROOMS!).
This makes for the perfect side dish & it’s HELLA packed with flavour!
It comes together in just minutes & is full of vitamins, minerals & nutrients!
OH & TALK ABOUT GREENS BABY!!!!!!
Made with just kale, broccoli, mushrooms (KAY, THEY DON’T COUNT AS INGREDIENTS, OKAY?), smoked paprika, chipotle powder, fresh garlic, organic balsamic vinegar, black pepper, Himalayan salt, this side dish is basically the epitome of clean eating!
Wanna talk about this health benefits for a sec? KAY COOL, SAME.
- Broccoli for vitamin K & C, folate (folic acid), potassium & fibre! Vitamin C helps build collagen, which forms body tissue, helps repair muscles & build strong bones & is also a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from damaging free radicals, promotes healthy skin & boosts immunity.
- Kale for fibre & a digestive health boot! It’s also filled with tons of folate, magnesium, & antioxidants (lutein, beta-carotene & carotenoids!).
- Mushrooms for selenium (antioxidant), as well as copper, potassium & phosphorus. They also contain protein, vitamin C & iron. P.S. DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT SINCE THEIR CELL WALLS ARE UNDIGESTIBLE, UNLESS THEY ARE HEATED, YOU MUST COOK MUSHROOMS TO GET THEIR NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS?
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss what you need:
- 1 bunch of kale, STEMMED & CHOPPED;
- 1 package of mushrooms (I used Cremini, but you can use any from white to Portobello, etc.);
- 2 small heads of broccoli, STEMMED & CUT INTO FLORETS;
- 4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of organic balsamic vinegar (Start with 1/4 + add more as needed!);
- 1.5 tsp. smoked paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder;
- Himalayan salt & black pepper for seasoning.
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Add all ingredients to a large skillet & heat over medium-high heat.
- Toss to combine all the ingredients & make sure they are evenly coated in the seasoning.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes, stirring every now & then, until kale is wilted & broccoli & mushrooms are browned & cooked through.
- Remove from heat & DEVOUR (or let cool & store in an airtight container & refrigerate)!