Hi AGAIN for the last time tonight lovies!
My eyes are closing but I Just want to get this last one up before tomorrow! It’s your lucky day – the fact that I’m tired probably means I’ll actually SHADAP at a certain point. But not right now. Come on, the post just started.
Oven-roasted Mexican-spiced BLACK BEANS, anyone?
Y’all know about my obsession with these babies, right? AND BY THESE BABIES, I MEAN BLACK BEANS. If you don’t know, now you know. I feel like people underestimate just how good these beans are. Sometimes, I’ll tell people that they’re one of my fave go-to foods & their face turns white or drops. They’re like W.T.F. But, like c’mon, have you ever tried them? Usually, once people try them or one of my recipes with them, they’re suddenly DOWN WITH THEM. So give these babies a try & why not start with this recipe?
All this to say: NOT ONLY is this recipe made with one of my fave foods on the planet, BUT THESE BEANS:
- Make for a perfect snack: they’re delicious, guilt-free, crunchy, nutritious & easy!
-They’re packed with tons of protein & fibre, which makes them great as an afternoon snack because they’re satisfying, filling & great for digestion!
- The crunch factor is so awesome that it’ll satisfy a chip craving!
- Can be eaten as is or even used to add crunch to bowls or salads!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 can of organic black beans (try to go for the low-sodium / no added salt ones!);
- 1 tsp. ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder;
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder;
- A pinch of cayenne;
- Sea salt + black pepper to taste.
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Rinse & drain your beans. Make sure to pat them dry as much as possible (excess moisture could make them soggy when they roast!).
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the beans with the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl & toss to combine until all the beans are coated in the spices.
- Spread the beans on the baking sheet & bake for 25 minutes!
- Remove from the oven, let cool & DEVOUR! (Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag).
BTW, if black beans still really are not your jam, click here for my chickpea version: Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Vegan Flavourful AF Oven-Roasted Chickpeas a.k.a. That-Crunchy-Munchy-Crispy-Guilt-Free- Deliciousness-Oh-No-Where-Did-They-All-Go?!