Next up are these VANILLA ALMOND ENERGY BALLS!
- They’re gluten-free & vegan!
- They contain no added or refined sugars & are the perfect mid-day snack!
- They’re also a great alternative to commercial protein or energy bars that contain tons of ingredients you can’t pronounce & are so sugar laden, it hurts.
- I love having energy balls like these ready made & on hand for when I get home from the gym real hungry & needing some refuel & they always hold me over until my next meal! You’re getting protein & healthy fats from the almonds & almond butter, as well as protein & fibre from the oats, natural sweetness & vanilla from the coconut flower syrup & vanilla extract & tons of energy, so you’re all set!
- OH & no blood sugar spike here!! Coconut flower syrup is a lot lower on the glycemic index than a lot of other sweeteners (even honey & maple syrup!).
- But, they satisfy a sweet tooth FO’ SHIZZLE! When I have an energy bite before or after a workout or after dinner as a little treat, they totally satisfy me. FACT IS, I NEED A LITTLE SWEETNESS IN MY LIFE (& If I can get it healthily, WHY NOT?). There are people out there cutting sugar all kinds. But what I come down to is BALANCE. Life is about balance. You need a little bite of sweetness & IMO, YOU SHOULD HAVE IT EVERYDAY.
BTW, taste-wise, these kind of remind me of Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal, ONLY BETTER. And I mean, texture-wise, THESE ARE GOALS!!! But any who, what I’m trying to tell you is they taste like the perfect blend of naturally sweet vanilla, crunchy slivered almonds, crumbly oats & creamy thick almond butter… AND WAIT, then we drizzle them in Ceylon cinnamon for the
cherry cinnamon on top!
Now, what do you need to make these?
JUST FIVE INGREDIENTS. YES, FIVE. 5!!!!!!
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup of creamy almond butter (OR other nut butter of your choice OR sunflower seed butter for nut-free option!);
- 2 tbsp. sliced organic raw almonds (If you’re going for a nut-free option, you’ll want to swap the almonds for some seeds: chia, flax or hemp!);
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/4 cup coconut flower syrup (You can swap for honey or maple syrup)
- Ceylon cinnamon for drizzling!
Okay, you thought the ingredients were simple… WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE HOW SIMPLE THEY ARE
PUT ROLL TOGETHER:
- Simply combine all your ingredients in a medium mixing bowl & mix until fully incorporated & combined. Your oats should no longer be crumbly; the mixture should be thick & sticky.
- Roll the batter into balls (wet your hands in between every few to prevent them from sticking & to facilitate rolling) & place on a plate lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Refrigerate them to firm up a bit & then store them in an airtight container in the fridge (or freezer; if you make a larger batch) & DEVOUR AS YOU WISH! 🤤