Vegan & Gluten-Free Fudgy AF Almond Butter Brownie Muffin Cups a.k.a. How I’m Celebrating (Baking & Crumbling) National Brownie Day!
In honour of NATIONAL BROWNIE DAY, I made vegan & gluten-free fudgy AF almond butter brownie muffin cups! OHMAHGAWD.
If you love brownies, you want these.
If you love chocolate, you want these.
If you love dessert that’s healthy (but doesn’t feel healthy), you want these.
If you love almond butter, you want these.
If you love good freaking good, YOU NEED THESE.
Basically, no matter what, you need these in your life.
There are so many great things about these muffins that I don’t even know where to start!!!
- They’re flourless!
- They’re dairy-free!
- They’re crumbly on the outside & moist, fudgy, rich & decadent on the inside!
- They’re made with only clean ingredients & wait for it… THEY ARE MADE WITH ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS! (Baking soda & se salt do not count, okay?)!
- They’re so good that you’d never believe they are healthy!
- They’re so DAMN chocolatey!
- They’re totally customizable!
- Swap the almond butter for peanut butter or sunflower butter (to make these babes nut-free!).
- Top them with walnuts, pecans or coconut flakes instead of sliced almonds!
- use raw organic unpasteurized honey or pure organic maple syrup to naturally sweeten them instead of coconut flower syrup!
- They’re the definition of BROWNIE GAME STRONG!!!!!
Now, how bad do you want to be part of this BROWNIE GAME STRONG SITCH? Bad, right? Real freaking bad. So let’s do it baby!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of creamy almond butter (or any other nut butter of your choice OR swap the nut butter for sunflower seed butter to make these nut-free!);
- 1/4 cup of coconut flower syrup (sub for raw organic unpasteurized honey or pure organic maple syrup, if you prefer!);
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 cup all-natural organic unsweetened apple sauce;
- 1/2 cup raw organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda;
- A sprinkle of sea salt;
- 1/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips! (& more for sprinkling on top, if you wish!);
- Raw organic sliced almonds for topping (or other nuts/coconut flakes!);
- Coconut oil cooking spray.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick coconut oil cooking spray;
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl & stir until fully combined, incorporated & smooth. The batter will be thick & rich – THAT’S A GOOD THING!
- Divide the batter between your muffin tins (Don’t overfill them!). I had enough to make 10 muffin cups – next time, I would probably double my recipe to make them a bit bigger & because my fam & I are going to devour them!!!!
- Sprinkle the tops of your brownie muffin cups with sliced almonds (or nuts of your choice or coconut) & extra chocolate chips, if adding!
- Bake the babes for 20-22 minutes until the top is just set! It’s okay if they look slightly underdone. You want them to be moist & fudgy, right? KAY, SAME!!!! Plus, since they are vegan & contain no eggs, you don’t need to worry about them cooking entirely all the way through!
- Allow them to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing them from the muffin tins (unless you want them to break apart!).
- P.S. These are awesome cold or frozen too. If you want more of that Reese’s peanut butter cup feel, DO IT.
- They’re also delish with a dollop of peanut or almond butter or any other nut butter of your choice drizzled on top!