Kay so this morning, I whipped up these blueberry apple sauce morning oats baby in under ten minutes, no joke!!!!
Last night, I ran out of bananas & I always love using them in my overnight oats to thicken them up & make them creamy! So you can imagine your girl was disappointed when she couldn’t make her oats! BUT, there’s always a solution! I swapped the banana for organic unsweetened applesauce & made myself these warm oats in just under ten minutes & all I gotta say is WOAH!!
The applesauce actually adds such a wonderful creaminess to the oats because it’s smooth, sweet & silky all on its own! It also adds a great touch of natural sweetness (in the same way that banana would!). It’s always best to use organic & unsweetened, if possible! (It’s your healthiest bet!).
So now that winter creeped up on us, I have been LOVING oats for breakfast (Yes, I still LOVE Greek yogurt parfaits). I think it’s the fact that warm or cold, they are super creamy, rich, indulgent, thick & rich. There’s something about them that screams comfort food (BUT WITH TONS OF HEALTH BENEFITS!). So get ready to see tons more oats recipes on the blog this winter!!! ADMIT YOU’RE EXCITED. NOW. ADMIT IT.
Let’s cure that excitement a little, why don’t we?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/3 cup homemade nut milk (or other milk of choice);
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened applesauce;
- a handful of frozen blueberries & frozen tart cherries (or other berries of your choice!);
- TOPPINGS: Strawberries, chia seeds & diced plums (or some of your other fave toppings!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add the oats, almond milk, vanilla, Ceylon cinnamon & applesauce to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients & heat until the oats become creamy, thick & most of the almond milk is absorbed. Keep stirring here & there until creamy!
- Once creamy, throw in the blueberries & tart cherries & stir again for about a minute or two until they’re fully mixed in!
- Remove from the heat & top with strawberries, plums & chia seeds or other toppings of your choice!