Gluten-Free Chocolate Strawberry Collagen Oatmeal Pancakes a.k.a. INGREDIENTS, BLENDER, BLEND, SKILLET, FLIP, TOP, SUPER BREAKFAST & DEVOUR!
Today, I turn 27 & what better way to treat myself this morning than with CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY COLLAGEN OAT BIRTHDAY PANCAKES?! (Yes, there are strawberries in the batter baby!)
They’re amazing for SO MANY REASONS:
- chocolate-y AF! (but the good kind of chocolate, like the raw organic cacao!);
- soft & fluffy! (the fluff is so insane on these babies that you’d never know they contained no flour!!!)
- naturally sweet!
- gluten-free & possibly vegan (all you gotta do is swap the collagen for vegan protein)!
- egg, nut, soy & dairy-free!
- packed with protein & collagen!
- they’re the perfect balance of all your essential macros, a.k.a. protein, healthy fats & good carbs!
- MADE WITH REAL, WHOLE, COMPLETE, CLEAN & HEALTHY FOODS! (each & every one of the ingredients, except maybe the baking powder & baking soda, provide a host of health benefits that when combined make these pancakes a SUPER-BREAKFAST!).
- simple, quick & easy! (plus, they require little to no effort – simply: INGREDIENTS, BLENDER, BLEND, SKILLET, FLIP, TOP, DEVOUR!
- packed with antioxidants!
- ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MAGICALLY DELICIOUS!
- basically, they’re the PERFECT thing to wake up to (I mean, you’re not actually waking up to them… you still have to make them, but you catch mah drift, right?).
OH & in case you’re wondering why I used oats instead of flour? UHM, HAVE YOU MET ME? No, but seriously, the health benefits that you get from oats are too good to pass up. Basically, whenever the opportunity presents itself, I go for oats (or oat flour) over any other kind of flour. Wanna know why?
- rich in antioxidants! (higher antioxidant content than … BROCCOLI)!
- PACKED WITH SOLUBLE FIBRE (beta-glucan), which is great for keeping you full, satisfied & helps promote healthy digestion!
- help lower bad cholesterol & maintain healthy cholesterol levels!
- have a higher protein content than most grains!
- great for regulating blood sugar levels!
- rich in a variety of minerals & vitamins, such as B vitamins, magnesium & zinc!
- moderate on the glycemic index, so they’re a great alternative to refined-sugar packed cereals/mueslis & granolas!
- & they simply add the most perfect crumbly, thick & rich texture to any & all recipes!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides;
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce;
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 2 tsp. raw organic cacao powder;
- 1/4 cup of diced strawberries (or any other berry of your choice!);
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- Ceylon cinnamon
- TOPPINGS: Sliced raw organic almonds, coconut flower syrup (or maple) & berries.
- Other topping choices: Fruit of your choice, pure organic maple syrup/raw honey, cinnamon/cacao powder, coconut shreds, homemade mixed berry vanilla cinnamon jam (RECPE HERE).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all ingredients (except strawbs) to your blender & blend until a batter is formed (Make sure not to overmix, batter should be thick but uniform!).
- Pour batter into a medium mixing bowl & fold in strawberries.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat & spray with coconut oil.
- Once heated, add ~1/3 cup of batter to the skillet, move your skillet around gently to spread the pancake to your desired thickness, lower heat to medium & let cook until edges begin to lift & you can easily slide a spatula under & flip it (~3 min.).
- FLIP & cook for another 2-3 min.
- Repeat until batter is done, plate the pancakes & top with your fave toppings!
- P.S. If you make a larger batch for your fam/kiddies & you want to keep them warm, place them on an oven-safe plate & either leave them on the stovetop with your fire at the lowest possible heat or simply place the plate in your oven, depending on how long you need to keep them warm for! It’s best to warm them up in the oven before serving (as opposed to microwave) so that they don’t become rubbery!