6-Ingredient Blueberry Vanilla Vegan Nice Cream (With Adaptogens & Beef Gelatin!) a.k.a. Yes, Ice Cream Can Be This Healthy, Dairy-Free & Still, Absolutely Delish!!!
Since my 6-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Tart Cherry Banana Soft-Serve Ice Cream a.k.a. Ben & Jerry Who? (P.S. Yes, This Ice Cream Will Soothe Your Muscle Soreness!) was such a hit, tonight, I whipped up this 6-INGREDIENT BLUEBERRY VANILLA VEGAN NICE CREAM (with chaga, ashwaganda & Vital Proteins beef gelatin for an adaptogenic kick & gut-healing!).
Yes, ice cream can be healthy, dairy-free & still be DELISH!
And when I mean healthy, I MEAN HEALTHY (& I mean business!!!).
Simple pleasures are the best. Of course, as you guys know, being a foodie & food blogger, I also have my complicated recipe side (I mean, do you blame me?). But, there certainly are some days, especially recently that my schedule has been so busy, that I aim for healthy, practical, approachable (a.k.a. doable for the average person who doesn’t spend as much time as me in the kitch) & flavourful!
THIS RECPE IS SO EASY, IT HURTS. But the texture… ohmagoodness. Legit, ICE CREAM. No joke, guys. And the best part is you’re getting your ice cream but with NATURAL FLAVOUR, FRESHNESS & HEALTH BENEFITS!!! Homemade ice cream is a very easy alternative to the fast & processed foods that we’ve all been inclined to buy at some point or another, sometimes merely due to ease & simplicity. BUT WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN BY SIMPLE WITH THIS ONE!!!
I don’t think I need to tell you that blueberries & bananas are healthy,
But, as for chaga, ashwaganda & beef gelatin, let me explain!
- Chaga boosts immunity, helps the body adapt to & manage stress & anxiety, promotes gut health, reduces inflammation & is filled with antioxidants, which make it great for healthy skin & a powerful anti-aging tool!
- Ashwaganda increases stamina & endurance, helps cope with anxiety & mood disorders, supports adrenal fiction & helps manage stress, boosts brain health, energy & immunity!
- Beef gelatin is a gut-health powerhouse! It also reduces joint pain, improves sleep quality, boosts mood & cognitive function, promotes skin health & helps with healthy weight maintenance.
Not bad, right? WHO AM I KIDDING… F-AMAZING!!!!!!
So, because I love you guys THIS MUCH, I won’t keep you guys waiting for this F-AMAZINGNESS ANY LONGER! Let’s get right to it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups of frozen blueberries;
- 3 bananas;
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 2 tsp. chaga;
- 2 tsp. ashwaganda (Replace with other adaptogens, if you wish!);
- 2 tbsp. Vital Proteins beef gelatin (You may need a splash of water, almond milk or coconut milk, if having trouble blending!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
Wait until you see JUST HOW EASY IT IS!
- Add all ingredients to your blender & purée/blend until smooth, thick & creamy consistency is obtained. It will be a little more liquidy than ice cream usually is but that’s because all the magic happens once you freeze it!
- FREEZE for at least 5-6 hours (preferably overnight!).
- Take it out about 5 minutes before eating to let it thaw slightly, then serve & top with your faves! (I topped mine with strawberries, Ceylon cinnamon & gluten-free muesli!).