OKAY, so these bars are on another level of amazing!!!! Like, ANOTHER FREAKING LEVEL. I know, I say that about a lot of my recipes, but trust me, I don’t just say it lightly. If I’m saying it, it means W.O.W. And these are W.O.W.
Made with none other than Vital Proteins Vanilla Coconut Collagen Peptides (which BTW, you can also use the unflavoured ones, if that’s what you have or prefer!) & tons of other nutritious ingredients, these will most probably become one of my fave meal prep granola bar recipes!
What makes them so W.O.W.?
Well, I mean, besides from the flavour… ‘cause like, that’s something I can’t even put into words, TBH!
Super easy to make!
Satisfying, filling & packed with healthy fats, good carbs, fibre, protein & COLLAGEN!
Gluten-free, refined sugar free & possibly nut-free(if you sub the PB for sunflower seed butter!). You can even make them vegan if you sub the collagen for vegan protein!
Tots customizable! You can add chocolate chips, coconut, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, etc!
GUT, SKIN, HAIR & NAILS HEALTHY! (Between the collagen powder & raw organic honey, your gut is going to be very happy after eating these bars!)
Adaptogenic kick from the maca (as well as a natural source of boosted energy & hormone-balancing benefits!)
Perfect balance between salty, sweet & just a little bit crunchy!
Breaky, snack & on-the-go friendly! THEY’RE SO GOOD, THEY CAN EVEN QUADRUPLE AS DESSERT! (ESPECIALLY IF YOU ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS!)
ALSO… VERY IMPORTANTLY (especially now that it’s winter & we’re not D for those last second grocery runs anymore)… I bet you most probably have most of the ingredients on hand at all times!
Now, without further ado, let’s get to the nitty gritty!
My loves, YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 + 1/2 cups of organic peanut butter (Your ingredients label should read one thing & one thing only: organic peanuts);
- Sub for almond, cashew, coconut, macadamia, pecan or walnut butter.
- If you want a nut-free version, sub for sunflower seed butter!
- 1/2 cup of raw organic unpasteurized honey;
- You may need to add more honey (depending on the one you used) if the mix is completely sticking together. Add only if needed.
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Vanilla Coconut Collagen Peptides (You can use the unflavoured ones, or any other flavour you wish!)
- If you want a vegan option, sub the collagen for vegan sprouted protein;
- 1 tbsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 tbsp. yellow maca (or replace with any other superfood powder, to your liking, such as: cacao powder, vanilla powder, chaga, ashwaganda, etc.);
- 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- A pinch or two of sea salt;
- ADDITIONAL ADD INS: Chocolate chips, cacao nibs, coconut shreds, chopped dates or other dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries or dried cherries, nuts, seeds, chia/flax, etc.