Greek-Style Baked-To-Perfection Cod a.k.a. When You Nail The Spice Rub, Fish Game Strong!
So this week, for meal prep, instead of chicken or meat protein, I went plant-based & fish protein! I was just feelin’ it, PLUS WITH THE AMOUNT I LOADED UP ON MY Gluten-Free Ground Chicken Cauliflower Mash Shepherd’s Pie a.k.a. One Of The Best Recipes I Have Ever Made. NO JOKE. last week, safe to say I needed a little break from the chicken!
GUYS. It’s all in the dried herb rub, baby!!!!!
I mean, yes, fish is good & all, but when you nail the rub, your fish game goes from zero to one hundred REAL QUICK!!!
Okay, so what exactly do I mean by nailing the rub, like how good could a combination of spices be, right? THIS GOOD.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano;
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary;
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme;
- 1 tbsp. dried dill;
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp. basil
- black pepper & sea salt for seasoning,
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (minced);
- 2 tbsp. of organic white wine vinegar;
- the juice of two lemons.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Stir all ingredients (except the garlic) together in a small bowl until combined & incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the marinade over the fish fillets until they are fully coated. Once coated, place the fish on the baking sheet & pour over any leftover marinade.
- Top the fish with the fresh garlic & bake at 400F for 15 minutes & broil on high for 3-5 minutes.