Hello December: My December Intentions.
Today’s the first day of the last month of 2017 & these are my monthly intentions!
This past year has taken me on a heck of a rollercoaster, probably the scariest ride of my life.
I suffered from a terrible, life-threatening eating disorder. But, I recovered.
My marriage ended & it hurt. But today, I’m happier than I’ve ever been, I strongly believe that everything does happen for a reason & I know that the beauty in the future is that you don’t know what it has in store for you.
I finally came to terms with the fact that I had never properly grieved my mom’s passing. But I also learned it’s never too late to grieve. Coincidentally, I also moved back into the home where she raised us.
I’ve grown, cried, laughed & learned more this year than I ever have.
As I reflect on 2017, I promise myself that I won’t look back on it with regrets.
Regrets are tricky. It’s easy to look back on a decision, behaviour or a choice you already made & say that you would’ve done things differently.
It’s harder to come to terms with the fact that that decision or choice was, at one point in time, exactly what you wanted.
But that’s what I’m working on.
I’m stepping into 2018 with a positive mindset.
For me, 2018 is about following my heart, pursuing my passion for health, holistic nutrition & mental & emotional well-being & ultimately, continuing to help myself & others live their best life possible.
Life is too valuable & too short to dwell on the small things.
Life is too unfair to pass judgment & criticize others, even if you don’t agree with the way they choose to lead their lives.
Life is too unpredictable to worry.
Life is too precious to waste time & energy on people who wouldn’t do the same for you or who would do so, but conditionally.
Life is beautiful. See the beauty in it & embrace it.
Focus on what matters.
Change your perspective.
Let go of worry & come to terms with the fact that there are some things you just can’t control.
Give without expecting anything in return.
Be kind & open-minded.
Love wholeheartedly & without condition.
And most importantly, take care of yourself.
Because without that, the rest is impossible.
MY DECEMBER INTENTIONS
- Self-care EVERYDAY (baths, masks, walks, exercise, read, write & reflect) & take at least 30 minutes everyday to just “chill” & disconnect (Do nothing sometimes, it’s okay!).
- Do more yoga! & Listen to my body! (If I need to rest, don’t fight it!).
- Wake up every morning & remind myself of something I am thankful for.
- Welcome my feelings, whatever they are & allow myself to fully experience them.
- Sleep earlier (& wake up with a positive mindset).
- Treat others with love, kindness & compassion (Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about – be mindful).
- Be aware of & conscious of what I put int my body & continue eating myself to eat intuitively.
- On the BAD days, CRY. But then remind myself why I chose recovery in the first place (Remember, without health, you have nothing).
- Stay consistent with my workouts, daily schedule & drink more H2O!
- Continue speaking my truth (& reflect on 2017, but with NO REGRETS!).
- STUDY HARD! & pursue my passion for holistic nutrition & helping others live their best life no matter what others think of my newfound passion.