HAPPY DECEMBER, MY LOVES!
BEST WAY TO KICK OFF THE FIT FATALE 12 DAYS OF FITMAS CHALLENGE? This warm, comforting & delicious bowl of gluten-free berry collagen oats topped with tigernuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, ceylon cinnamon & sliced strawberries!
Before we get into these oats, I don’t know what it is but there’s something I really, really LOVE about December & this time of year. It just puts me in a happy, jolly mood & ALSO makes me want to eat tons of warm, comforting, delicious food!! (OBVS!).
Packed with tons of protein, fibre, gut-healing benefits, healthy fats, prebiotics, antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C & natural sweetness, this is the definition of a breaky for champs!
- Protein from the collagen, almond milk & oats!
- Fibre from the oats, the banana & the berries!
- Heal your gut with collagen (Wanna know more? Read this: Everything You Need To Know To Heal Your Gut a.k.a. GO WITH YOUR GUT, ALWAYS.)
- Healthy fats from the pumpkin seeds, tigernuts & chia seeds!
- Prebiotics from the tigernuts! (Probiotics are important, but a lot of us underestimate how important PREbiotics are! Prebiotics are food ingredients that induce & nurture the growth or activity of beneficial microorganisms, a.k.a. they are the FUEL that helps probiotics grow! They affect intestinal bacteria by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria & decreasing the population of potentially pathogenic, toxic or harmful micro-organisms).
- Antioxidants, vitamin C & natural sweetness from the berries!
- Potassium & natural sweetness from the bananas!
- Natural sweetness from the vanilla, cinnamon & banana!
Not bad, right? I mean… A BREAKY FOR CHAMPS AIN’T ONE WITHOUT INGREDIENTS FOR CHAMPS!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/3 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other homemade plant-based milk, or other plant-based milk or regular milk);
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract;
- 3/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/2 a mashed banana;
- A handful of blackberries, blueberries & raspberries;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM USING MY AFFILIATE LINK: CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED TO IT!).
- Toppings: Organic pumpkin seeds, organic tigernuts, chia seeds, Ceylon cinnamon & sliced strawberries!!
OKAY, now I know you’re probably freaking out & just want these babies to be yours already!!!!
Now, for the HOW-TO?
- Add the oats, almond milk, banana, cinnamon & vanilla extract to a small skillet & mix to combine all ingredients.
- Heat the oat mix over medium heat until most of the almond milk has been absorbed by the oats.
- Add the berries & collagen to the skillet & stir to combine with the oat mix. Heat until the berries begin to soften to the point where your oats turn a pretty pink, the almond milk is absorbed & all the collagen has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat & top with cinnamon, strawberries, tigernuts, pumpkin seeds & chia seeds!