Gluten-Free Berry Collagen Warm Oats Topped With Tigernuts, Pumpkin & Chia Seeds, Ceylon Cinnamon & Strawberries a.k.a. Kicking Off December With The Prettiest In Pink Healthy Comfort Food? Yes Please!
HAPPY DECEMBER, MY LOVES!
BEST WAY TO KICK OFF THE FIT FATALE 12 DAYS OF FITMAS CHALLENGE? This warm, comforting & delicious bowl of gluten-free berry collagen oats topped with tigernuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, ceylon cinnamon & sliced strawberries!
Before we get into these oats, I don’t know what it is but there’s something I really, really LOVE about December & this time of year. It just puts me in a happy, jolly mood & ALSO makes me want to eat tons of warm, comforting, delicious food!! (OBVS!).
Packed with tons of protein, fibre, gut-healing benefits, healthy fats, prebiotics, antioxidants, potassium, vitamin C & natural sweetness, this is the definition of a breaky for champs!
- Protein from the collagen, almond milk & oats!
- Fibre from the oats, the banana & the berries!
- Heal your gut with collagen (Wanna know more? Read this: Everything You Need To Know To Heal Your Gut a.k.a. GO WITH YOUR GUT, ALWAYS.)
- Healthy fats from the pumpkin seeds, tigernuts & chia seeds!
- Prebiotics from the tigernuts! (Probiotics are important, but a lot of us underestimate how important PREbiotics are! Prebiotics are food ingredients that induce & nurture the growth or activity of beneficial microorganisms, a.k.a. they are the FUEL that helps probiotics grow! They affect intestinal bacteria by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria & decreasing the population of potentially pathogenic, toxic or harmful micro-organisms).
- Antioxidants, vitamin C & natural sweetness from the berries!
- Potassium & natural sweetness from the bananas!
- Natural sweetness from the vanilla, cinnamon & banana!
Not bad, right? I mean… A BREAKY FOR CHAMPS AIN’T ONE WITHOUT INGREDIENTS FOR CHAMPS!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/3 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other homemade plant-based milk, or other plant-based milk or regular milk);
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract;
- 3/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/2 a mashed banana;
- A handful of blackberries, blueberries & raspberries;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM USING MY AFFILIATE LINK: CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED TO IT!).
- Toppings: Organic pumpkin seeds, organic tigernuts, chia seeds, Ceylon cinnamon & sliced strawberries!!
OKAY, now I know you’re probably freaking out & just want these babies to be yours already!!!!
Now, for the HOW-TO?
- Add the oats, almond milk, banana, cinnamon & vanilla extract to a small skillet & mix to combine all ingredients.
- Heat the oat mix over medium heat until most of the almond milk has been absorbed by the oats.
- Add the berries & collagen to the skillet & stir to combine with the oat mix. Heat until the berries begin to soften to the point where your oats turn a pretty pink, the almond milk is absorbed & all the collagen has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat & top with cinnamon, strawberries, tigernuts, pumpkin seeds & chia seeds!