Vegan chocolate protein NO-BAKE fudge cookies topped with cacao nibs & shredded coconut, anyone?!
Okay guys, usually I’m into the whole no-bake protein balls or energy bites. BUT TODAY, I was feeling cookies. TBH, I’m exhausted & just feeling a little blah, so preheating my oven, waiting for these babies to be ready & having to let them cool just wasn’t my jam today. So, my FEELS FOR COOKIES & my laziness led me to create a NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIE! Not a bad idea, right? I know.
Any who, basically, I combined a bunch of whole nutrient-dense foods & somehow magically created this DREAM OF A COOKIE. The texture on it is beyond works. I can’t even really explain it… you really do have to bite right into it to know what I mean. But, until you can… think of it as THE CHEWY WARM MIDDLE OF A BAKED COOKIE FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN.
Let’s be honest, a cookie always best straight out the oven. Once they cool, they’re still great, BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THAT OVEN FRESHNESS. YA DIG? So with these babies, IMAGINE THAT YOU CAN HAVE THAT “FRESH OUT THE OVEN” TASTE ALL DAY ERRDAY.
Now, not only is the texture on fleek with these babies, but they could not be easier to make. Seriously. No oven. Just a food processor. One bowl. Your hands. A spatula. AND NO BAKE TIME REQUIRED!
TASTE-WISE? A chocolate lover’s dream (infused with tons of superfood deliciousness from the cacao nibs to the chia seeds to the coconut!). I don’t know how to describe these cookies other than FUDGE. FUDGE. FUDGE!
HEALTH-BENEFIT WISE? Obvi. Have you met me? These babes are packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, protein, magnesium (great for digestion, muscle recovery, joint pain & overall health!).
The babes are also super versatile!
- If you ain’t into chocolate (ARE YOU SIMPLY INSANE??!?), you can replace the chocolate protein with vanilla protein or collagen or do half & half!
- If you aren’t down with the whole no-bake cookie idea (a.k.a. if you aren’t lazy like moi), then you can roll these babies into balls or protein bites!
I love the idea of these as a post-workout or pre-workout snack (Especially when I go to my early morning spin class – as you guys know, I don’t eat a full breakfast before spinning when I spin at 8AM because to put it bluntly, I don’t want to get nauseous halfway through my workout! But, I also think it’s super important to have a little something before my workout just to provide my body & muscles with a bit of fuel to get me through the class!).
In terms of who can eat these (or rather, who can’t?), the babes are:
- Refined sugar free!
- & Possibly nut-free if you sub the almond butter for sunflower seed or coconut butter!
Now that you’ve got all the deets, let’s discuss what you need to make these babies (& HOW EASY THEY ARE TO WHIP UP!):
- 1 cup of gluten-free oat flour;
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut sugar;
- 1/2 cup of creamy almond butter;
- 1/2 cup of Sun Warrior Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder (OR cacao powder, but it defs. contains less protein, so keep that in mind OR vanilla vegan protein OR collagen, but keep in mind that that means these babes are no longer vegan!);
- 3 tbsp. of organic chia seeds (OR flax OR hemp hearts OR mix ’em all up & do one tbsp. of each, if you prefer!);
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil;
- A pinch of sea salt;
- Some Ceylon cinnamon sprinkle;
- TOPPINGS: Raw organic cacao nibs (OR vegan chocolate chips) & shredded coconut flakes!
Guys, wait until you see the simplicity of this… ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS:
- Add all ingredients to food processor (except toppings) & blend until desired consistency forms! (It should be moist & resemble cookie batter).
- Once consistency is obtained, roll into balls, flatten & place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- If the dough is too soft, add more oat flour or more protein powder / cacao powder / collagen;
- If the dough is too dry, add more nut butter or coconut oil.
- Top with cacao nibs & coconut!
- Refrigerate the babes to give them some time to firm up!
- Once firmed up, it’s best to keep them in the fridge or freezer for storing (because they contain coconut oil!).