Matcha Collagen Gluten-Free Overnight Oats a.k.a. HOLY MATCHA BABY!
Guys… Vital Proteins came out with yet another AMAZING product: MATCHA COLLAGEN! Made with just collagen, matcha & coconut water, it’s quite a superfood powerhouse.
Filled with antioxidants, amino acids, all the benefits of collagen (which you can read about HERE), protein & a touch of natural sweetness, this powder is the perfect boost to add to smoothies, overnight oats or matcha lattes!
So I got this powder last Friday & had to wait until Monday to post about it (because Monday was the official release date) & keeping it from you guys was SO HARD (I mean, at this point, it’s safe to say I don’t keep much from you guys!!!). But duty called! Then, when I was finally able to announce its BEAUTIFUL EXISTENCE, I did & so many of you were curious about what I thought.
So, of course, THE SAME DAY, I obvi had to whip up a recipe with it! (& Nope, I’m certainly not done – there are tons of other ways I need & want to try it, so stay tuned!!! But now… THESE OATS!).
In case you are wondering, yes, MY OATS ARE GREEN. They’re green because they’re infused with this deliciousness (& I mean, let’s be honest, they’re freaking pretty & bright, no?). Any who, by the looks of this photo & the title of this post, I’m pretty sure you could guess that I made MATCHA COLLAGEN OVERNIGHT OATS!
Ever since the weather got colder & winter hit us hard in the face, I’ve been switching it up from my go-to Greek yogurt parfait & hitting up my overnight oats (My fave recipe is this one: Kelly’s Creamy-AF Gluten-Free Peach & Berry Overnight (or Morning of!) Oats a.k.a. One-Bowl-Scrumptious-Good-For-Your-Gut-Creamy-&-Delish-Super-Breakfast-Ready-In-Just-Two-Minutes-LITERALLY-A-DREAM-COME-TRUE!). I’ve been making these almost every night but since I wanted to figure out a way to incorporate this new matcha product into my oats, I decided to swap the Greek yogurt for the powder… AND BOY OH BOY WAS THAT SWAP A MIRACLE! Just when I thought those oats couldn’t get ANY BETTER, they did.
And in case you’re wondering why MATCHA IS SUCH A THING, let me explain:
- matcha contains 137x more antioxidants than green tea & 17x more than blueberries & 6x more than goji berries;
- consuming matcha can help boost the metabolism;
- matcha boosts energy & sustains it throughout the day, as well as increases focus;
- matcha is the best source of catechins, which prevents certain types of cancer;
- matcha is also anti-aging as it helps reduce inflammation & oxidation to help you look & feel younger;
- matcha helps lower cholesterol & has been proven to lower bad (LDL) cholesterol;
- matcha contains l-theanine, an amino-acid that helps calm the mind;
- matcha contains high concentrations of chlorophyll, which helps eliminate chemicals from the body.
NOT BAD, RIGHT?
WHO AM I KIDDING… FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!
The recipe remains the same otherwise, but since I know some of you will want to have it right hurr in front of you (I mean, I would too), I’ll write it out here to spare you the search on my blog!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins matcha collagen powder;
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/2 a mashed banana;
- 1 small kiwi, DICED;
- 1 small plum, DICED;
- (or other fruit of your choice);
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk of your choice);.
- TOPPINGS: Frozen blueberries, Ceylon cinnamon, cacao powder, other superfood powders, fresh or frozen fruit, nuts, hemp hearts, chia or flax seeds, muesli, granola, vanilla extract, dried fruit, coconut flakes etc.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl & stir until fully combined & incorporated (It’s normal if it looks a bit watery & not all the almond milk is absorbed – once refrigerated, it’ll thicken up!).
- Refrigerate overnight in an airtight container & DEVOUR IN THE MORNING! (Topped mine with some organic frozen blueberries & Ceylon cinnamon!).