6-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Tart Cherry Banana Soft-Serve Ice Cream a.k.a. Ben & Jerry Who? (P.S. Yes, This Ice Cream Will Soothe Your Muscle Soreness!)
OKAY, THIS ONE EXCITES ME. BEYOND. (I mean, don’t they all at this point?)
What if I told you I just found a way to make all your healthy vegan ice cream dreams come true?
What if I also told you that this ice cream was made with just 6 ingredients, all of which are real whole foods packed with tons of health benefits?
What if I told you this was superfood & antioxidant ice cream?
What if I told you this ice cream will help your muscles recover after strenuous workouts (no capsules necessary!) & help improve your sleep, all while tasting delicious (legit chocolate ice cream), having the most scrumptious creamy texture & containing zero crap?
OK ENOUGH WITH THE “WHAT IFS”. Your ice cream dreams just came true with this CHOCOLATE TART CHERRY BANANA SOFT SERVE!
- no dairy.
- no preservatives.
- no garbage.
- homemade from scratch.
- no refined sugar.
- vegan. & gluten-free!
So how on earth will this ice cream make your soreness go away & help you sleep better? IT’S ALL IN THE TART CHERRY BABY!!!!!
What are some of its benefits?
– Rich in fibre, vitamin A, C, K, manganese, copper, potassium, as well as smaller amounts of B vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, omega-3 & omega-6 fats!
– Tart cherries contain 20x more vitamin A & their antioxidant levels are up to 5x higher than those of sweet cherries (SO WATCH OUT – GET THAT TART BABY!).
– Helps reduce muscle cramps & soreness, as well as may increase muscle strength, reduce muscle breakdown & speed up recovery post resistance-training. (although you might feel fine initially after a workout, your muscle tissues actually suffer tiny tears & swelling & it’s important to help your muscles recover from that & repair the damaged tissue).
-Improves sleep! They are naturally rich in melatonin, a hormone responsible or sleepiness & contain good amounts of tryptophan & anthocyanin, two compounds that may help the body create melatonin & lengthen its effects. Not only can it help with sleep quality, but also sleep duration! (Research has shown that tart chewy seems o be JUST AS, if not more, effective at reducing insomnia than melatonin, one of the most studied natural products for insomnia.
– Tart cherry also reduces arthritis symptoms, such as joint pain & inflammation, as well as symptoms associate with gout (a type of arthritis associated with attacks of selling & intense pain).
– Tart cherry is also great for brain health as it contains tons of antioxidants & plant compounds that may protect brain cells (degenerative brain disorders, such as Alzheimer’s are thought to be caused, in part , by oxidative stress). It may also help improve mental focus & performance.
– Due to its rich vitamin, mineral & beneficial plant compound content, tart cherry also boosts the immune system (the high antioxidant content may also help prevent infections & fights aging!).
– May help protect against certain types of cancer by turning off genes involved in cancer growth.
– Lowers cholesterol levels & blood sugar levels
– Improves eye health!
SO YEP, who knew you could have ice cream & all of this, not to mention all the benefits of:
CACAO: Yes, a superfood. Packed with antioxidants, provides tons of vitamins & minerals, heart-healthy, alleviates stress, rich in magnesium, helps manage symptoms of depression & other mood or nervous system disorders, helps promote healthy weight maintenance, anti-aging, detoxifies the liver, builds strong bones, regulates blood pressure & helps reduce & regulate PMS symptoms (SO NOT ONLY IS THIS ICE CREAM APPROPRIATE FOR WHEN IT’S THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, BUT ALWAYS!!!)
BANANA: Packed with fibre & potassium, may help with certain digestive disorders, contains tryptophan (just like the cherries) & vitamin B6, both of which help the body produce serotonin, boosts brain power, lowers risk of heart disease + hypertension & promotes healthy bones!
APRICOTS: Help treat anemia, boost digestion & metabolism & packed with fibre, may help treat certain types of cancer, reduces the risk of osteoporosis & heat disease, maintains healthy radiant skin, bone healthy & helps maintain electrolyte balance in the body!
And now, without further ado, LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT BABY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 ripe bananas;
- 1/4 cup raw organic cacao powder;
- 4 dried organic apricots, CHUNKED (OR 2 organic dates, which you should soak for at least 10 minute before using to soften!);
- 2 cups of frozen organic tart cherries;
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other plan-based milk or regular milk, if you prefer!);
- You can also use coconut milk for a thicker texture;
- 1.5 – 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- TOPPINGS: granola, oats, Ceylon cinnamon, cacao powder, berries, bananas, other fruit, nuts, hemp hearts, chia seeds, flaxseeds or any other topping of your choice
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all ingredients to your blender & blend until thick, creamy & smooth consistency is obtained.
- Pour into a Tupperware. Freeze for at least two hours or overnight until soft-serve consistency is attained.
- Top with toppings of your choice & DEVOUR! (I used Purely Elizabeth maple walnut probiotic granola & Ceylon cinnamon!).