STILL AT IT, BABY!
Guys… these muffins ARE ON ANOTHER LEVEL OF PERFECT, like BEYOND PERFECT! They’re VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY & BLACKBERRY OAT MUFFINS (Infused with an adaptogens kick of ashwaganda!).
So not only are they delish, but they’ll also help your body better adapt to & manage your stress & anxiety! So yes, they are STRESS-FREE MUFFINS!
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT THEM?!
- Made with very few ingredients!
- Simple, easy & quick to make!
- Perfect crumble (you’d never know there’s no gluten or dairy!)
- Tender AF!
- Bursting with blueberry & blackberry flavour!
- Naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, banana & vanilla!
- PERFECTION! Literally!
- They make for the perfect breaky with nut butter & some fruit or chia pudding, great on-the-go snack & they are so freaking good that they even make a great dessert!
Yes, you read right, you get all of this from a muffin!!!!
BUT WAIT. HOLD UP. THERE’S MORE. They’re infused with ASHWAGANDA! (ONE OF MY FAVE ADAPTOGENS!).
WHAT THE HECK IS ASHWAGANDA?
Ashwaganda is an all-natural Indian herb, whose main purpose is to help our adrenals(glands that produce hormones, one of which is cortisol) adjust to stress in our daily lives & stabilize the body’s response to stress. For this reason, it’s called an “ADAPTogen”. Basically, the way it works is it will produce stress hormones when our body needs them & stop producing them when it doesn’t. It therefore helps the body adapt its stress level to its “OPTIMAL” state.
Ashwaganda also protects the brain from degeneration & works to improve anxiety symptoms by destroying free radicals that cause damage to the brain & body.
It has a very calming and relaxing effect & can also contribute to lifting mood, reducing fatigue, improving focus, sleep & immune function!
OKAY, SO YES, YOU GET EVERYTHING I MENTIONED BEFORE & ALL THE BENEFITS OF ASHWAGANDA IN THESE BABIES!
Now, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1.5 cups of gluten-free oat flour;
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut sugar;
- 1 ripe banana, MASHED;
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other plat-based milk or regular milk!);
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla;
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries;
- 1/2 pint of fresh blackberries;
- 2 tsp. of ashwaganda root powder (or any other superfood or adaptogenic powder of your choice, such as: chaga, reishi, maca, cacao powder, etc.);
- OPTIONAL: More coconut sugar or Ceylon cinnamon for topping!
- Coconut oil cooking spray!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F;
- Mash your banana;
- Add all the ingredients (except berries) to a large mixing bowl & stir AF to until all ingredients are fully incorporated & combined & a muffin batter has formed!
- Once you’ve got yourself a batter, gently fold in the blackberries, then the blueberries!
- Spoon the muffin mix into a muffin pan lined with paper liners or lightly oiled (I used coconut oil cooking spray!);
- Sprinkle the top with more coconut sugar or cinnamon, if adding!
- Bake the babes for 22 minutes at 350F!
- Let them cool for at least 15-20 minutes before even attempting to remove them from the pan (BUT TASTE THEM STRAIGHT OUT ‘DA PAN, DUH!);
- Store them in the fridge for best results & warm them up when you’re ready to eat them! Guys… the way the berries get ooey & gooey & burst out when heated… MY GOODNESS. YOU’LL FLIP YOUR SH*T!