Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice With Browned Onion & Garlic & Sautéed Kale, Brussels Sprouts & Celery a.k.a. What Can’t You Do With Cauliflower?
BACK AGAIN. OBVS. This time, with this vegan cauliflower fried rice with browned onion & garlic, sautéed kale, brussels sprouts & celery! Since I already have a very typical Asian-Style cauliflower fried rice up on here (Cauliflower Fried Rice with Bell Pepper, White Onion & Cremini Mushrooms a.k.a. OKAY-But-Seriously-What-Can’t-You-Do-With-Cauliflower?), today I felt like adding a different spin to this one!
My goal here was to throw in as many greens as possible & to make them the focal point of the dish, second of course, to the cauliflower rice! So, there I was, standing in my fridge, literally (ok maybe not actually in it, but you know) & I came up with this fun combo of kale, brussels & celery! And I have to say, it’s a heck of a trio because of how it tastes, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, because of all the benefits these greens provide:
- Kale strengthens immunity, lowers cholesterol, is heart healthy, rich in calcium & iron, may help improve sleep, contains tons of vitamin K & is anti-inflammatory!
- Celery is anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal & contains antioxidants. It helps with digestion, lowers blood pressure & may prevent certain types of cancer!
- Brussels sprouts are high in vitamin C, a great source of fibre, promote eye health, brain health & bone health and are anti-inflammatory!
Now, what makes this dish so great from a meal-prep standpoint?
- It makes for the perfect side dish or base for a meal topped with some lean protein or plant-based deliciousness!
- Simple, easy & quick to prepare with ingredients you most probably have on hand!
- SCRUMPTIOUSLY DELISH!
There is just something about the way all these favours mesh together that makes this dish SUPER TASTY & FLAVOURFUL. Speaking of flavours, let’s talk ingredients!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- 1 medium white onion, DICED;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- Two heaping handfuls of chopped kale;
- 2-3 stalks of celery, CHOPPED;
- 10-12 Brussels sprouts, CHOPPED REALLY FINELY;
- 1 head of cauliflower, FLORETS CHOPPED & PROCESSED UNTIL A RICE TEXURE IS OBTAINED;
- 2-3 tbsp. of Naked Coconuts coconut aminos;
- 2-3 tbsp. of sugar-free & sodium-free organic rice vinegar;
- A splash of pure organic maple syrup;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning;
- 1 tsp. of minced onion;
- 1 tsp. ground ginger;
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric;
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper;
- OPTIONAL: Sriracha or red pepper flakes for some spice!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Spray a large deep skillet with coconut oil cooking spray & heat over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add in the garlic & onion & sauté until garlic is browned & fragrant & onions are beginning to cook through & get translucent, about 5 minutes;
- While the garlic & onion are cooking, pulse your cauliflower florets in your food processor until a rice-like consistency & texture is obtained;
- Once the garlic & onions are ready, add in the kale, celery & brussels & sauté for approximately 5 minutes more, until the kale turns darker green, begins to wilt, the celery begins to brown & the brussels are cooked through;
- NOW, remove the skillet from the heat (this is to prevent the cauliflower from overcooking when you add it in while you season the dish) & add in the cauliflower rice, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, maple syrup, black pepper, sea salt, minced onion, ginger, turmeric, cayenne & spice, if adding!
- Leftovers will keep well if sealed in an airtight container & refrigerated.