Healthy Gluten-Free Oat Flour Zucchini Bread a.k.a. Crumbly On The Outside, Chewy On The Inside & Those Zucchini Chunks Though!
I’m hard at work on my gut health post (which is going to be LONG, but super informative & helpful for any & all that deal with digestive issues on a daily basis!). BUT, I’m taking a little break from that to share this recipe with you guys! I already shared it on my Instagram feed, but Lord knows it’ll get diluted in the next few days given my frequent posting (Yes, I know. I post a lot!).
ANYWHO, with this in mind, I decided to post it on the blog to give you guys a permeant & easy to access reference point in case you ever want to make it again (& trust me, you will!!!!).
- It’s super easy to make!
- Requires very few ingredients, all of which you most probably already have on hand!
- Filled with protein, fibre, healthy fats, antioxidants & tons of vitamins & minerals!
- It’s gluten-free, refined sugar-free & dairy-free!
- Super crumbly & browned on the outside, but chunky & chewy on the inside (& by chunky… I MEAN ZUCCHINI CHUNKS!!!!)
- GREAT AS IS, but also delicious topped with a sunny-side up egg, scrambled egg whites, some vegan cheese or real deal dairy cheese or goat cheese (but make sure it’s cultured!!!) or topped with your fave jam (OR MY HOMEMADE ONE HERE: Kelly’s Clean-Eating Refined Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Vanilla Cinnamon Mixed Berry Jam a.k.a. It-Don’t-Get-Better-Than-This-Oh-&-Wait-Why-Do-I-Already-See-The-Bottom-Of-My-Jar-OOPSIE!)!
I have most definitely ranted about all the benefits of zucchini on numerous other occasions, but ya know, in case you need a quick reminder:
- high source of antioxidants & vitamin C!
- has tons of anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve heart health!
- high source of potassium!
- may help improve digestion, due to its high-fibre content!
- low in carbs!
- good for eye health!
- contains tons of B vitamins, which are crucial for maintaining good & healthy energy levels!
- may help control diabetes!
- provides you with your greens fix!
- super hydrating!
NOW, let me tell you what you need (I did tell you the ingredients were simple & I wasn’t lying!).
- 4 eggs;
- 1 1/4 cup of gluten-free oat flour;
- black pepper & sea salt for seasoning;
- 3 cups of diced zucchini (about two medium zucchinis);
- 1 medium white onion, DICED;
- 1 cup of fresh parsley or cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.
OKAY, NOW FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated & a batter has formed!
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined baking loaf pan & bake at 350F for about 40 minutes!
- Remove from heat & let cool before slicing it (IF & only IF, you can resist).
- Leftovers will keep well if refrigerated in aluminum foil or in an airtight container!