6-Ingredient Caramelized Cinnamon Roasted Almonds & Cashews a.k.a. My Version of Treat Yo’Self!
Here’s my version of TREAT YOSELF!
These sweet little nutty treats:
- are easy, simple & quick to make!
- are still relatively healthy!
- pack a good dose of healthy fats & proteins!
- low on the glycemic index (thanks to the coconut sugar!)
- are naturally sweet enough to satisfy a sugar craving with just the right amount of cinnamon spice!
- are super versatile: use them in sweet dishes, such as toppings for Greek yogurt, oatmeal, sweet breakfast toast, crushed up as toppings for smoothies OR in savoury dishes to add a hint of natural sweetness, such as salads, Buddha bowls, stir fries OR simply munch on them as is!
- the perfect treat for Netflix binges, winter nights by the fireplace, cozy nights in bed or on-the-go snack!
- SUPER ADDICTING!
Not into cashews or almonds? No problem! Swap them for pecans, peanuts, walnuts or brazil nuts, to your liking!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4 cup of raw organic unsalted almonds;
- 3/4 cup of raw organic unsalted cashews;
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut palm sugar (I used Organic Traditions) – You can also use brown sugar or date sugar;
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1.5 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water!
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl & mix until the nuts are fully coated in the topping (there should be no sugar leftover – it should be fully combined & incorporated with the vanilla & water & the nuts should be sticky!).
- Place the nut mix on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven & stir. Bake for another 5 minutes & mix again as soon as they are fresh out the oven!
- Let cool & DEVOUR.
- Store leftovers, if any (BIG “IF”), in an airtight container in the fridge or in a cool, dry place! ENJOY!! <3