OKAY, raise your hand if you don’t like pesto. Ok wait, that’s a stupid question. HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE PESTO? Let’s be real here. And all the more reason to LOVE it when it’s vegan, gluten-free & made with PISTACHIOS & LEMON!
Guys, this is a freaking masterpiece.
You can use it as a dip, spread, topping for bowls, meat, seafood or fish, as a pasta sauce or eat it by the spoonful. Yes, that’s just how good it is.
Made with JUST SIX ingredients (raw organic pistachios, fresh cilantro, garlic, extra-virgin organic olive oil, nutritional yeast & fresh lemon!), this pesto is super simple, easy & quick to prepare!
This pesto is packed with antioxidants, healthy fats & greens!! It’s detoxifying, heart-healthy & a great source of fibre & protein!
PISTACHIOS are anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, boost immunity, heart-healthy, great for digestion, amazing source of copper, phosphorus, vitamin B, potassium & magnesium, lower blood sugar levels, high in antioxidants & fibre, help fight dry skin, eye-healthy, useful in helping manage stress & reducing cholesterol!
CILANTRO is a freaking detox herb! It cleanses the body of heavy metals, prevents cardiovascular damage, is great for people who suffer from diabetes, contains antioxidants, may help fight anxiety, improves sleep, lowers blood sugar, is anti-bacterial & anti-fungal!
And if you wanna read about all the benefits of lemon: CLICK HERE – Lemon Water a.k.a. The-Only-&-Healthy-&-Best-&-Yummy-Way-To-Start-Oops-I-Mean-Detox-Your-Day-Right!
What’s so amazing about this pesto & what sets it apart from others is the TEXTURE. I wish I could describe the texture goals on this baby, BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT TO UNDERSTAND. But basically, it’s not a purée but it’s also not firm or pasty. It’s just right. It’s the PERFECT HAPPY MEDIUM, ya know? But you can totally purée it by simply pulsing for a bit longer! The way I chose to do it was to stop pulsing once all the ingredients were combined, but while there were still little chunks of pistachio & cilantro remaining. BASICALLY, LOOK AT THE PIC. It’s hard to explain!
ANYWHO, guys, there’s just something about the combination of these six simple ingredients that will legit throw a pesto party in your mouth. IS PESTO-PARTY A THING?! Whatever, making it one!!!!
OKAY, NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S GET THIS PESTO PARTY STARTED!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/4 cup raw organic pistachios (or pine nuts / walnuts);
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped cilantro (or other herb, such as: parsley, dill, mint);
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1/3 cup of extra-virgin organic olive oil;
- You might need to add a bit more as you’re pulsing! (Or add water, if you prefer!);
- 1 heaping tbsp. of nutritional yeast;
- The juice of one lemon;
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Simply add all the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & PULSE until pistachios are coarsely chopped & a smooth, but still sorta grainy/chunky consistency is obtained!
- Process a bit more if you want more of a pastey or purée texture!
- You might find that you need to add more olive oil (or water) if the pesto is not blending up & if the ingredients are having a hard time getting combined!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container & refrigerate!