OKAY, so it’s time for the weekly meal prep posts! GET READY, there is A LOT MORE where this baby came from!!! To start the prep off today, I tried to mimic one of my fave dishes from Grinder Montreal & let me tell you, I THINK I NAILED IT. (I don’t mean to flatter myself, BUT YA KNOW!).
This rapini is SUPER SIMPLE to prepare & takes just under 10 minutes!
It’s made with JUST fresh lemon juice, lots of garlic (OBVS), sea salt, black pepper & of course, the main event: RAPINI.
OH BTW, while we’re at it… RAPINI:
- is cancer-fighting due to its phytochemicals;
- helps maintain healthy hormonal balance;
- may help fight candida;
- keeps bones strong due to its vitamin K content;
- lowers the risk of heart disease, due to its anti-inflammatory nutrients (folate + vitamin C);
- detoxifies the liver (due to its sulfur content) &
- contains tons of soluble fibre, which slows transit & digestion time & lowers blood cholesterol.
I mean… did you even really have a doubt? IT’S A GREEN!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bunch of rapini, BOTTOM ENDS CHOPPED;
- The juice of 2 lemons;
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- For starters, chop off the bottom inch of the stalks of rapini!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Only add the sea salt in once the water is boiling (contrary to popular belief, adding salt does the opposite of making the water boil faster. It actually makes it take longer because it increases the boiling point of the water – YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY, RIGHT?).
- Once boring, add the rapini & return to a boil & bowl for about 2-3 minutes, or until crisp-tender!
- Drain the rapini!
- Now, heat some coconut oil cooking spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat! Once heated, lower the heat to medium, add the rapini, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt & black pepper & toss to coat the greens in the seasoning.
- Sauté over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat! The rapini should be slightly browned, but not overly tender or softened to the point where it breaks apart. You want it crispy, right? K, same same.
- Serve immediately or let cool & store in an airtight container & refrigerate.