Kay, so I don’t know what it is with me lately but I’m vibing the whole sautéed veggie thing. Like I’m just down with it! I feel like sautéed veggies just feel more comforting than roasted or grilled ones because the way the flavours meld together makes it flavourful, warm & basically feel like comfort food!
Anywho, given my vibe, this babe of a recipe came to life & TBH, it doesn’t get simpler than this, BUT IT ALSO DOESN’T GET MORE DELISH!! And TBH again, you don’t get it & you just don’t & won’t until you make this.
IT LEGIT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO MAKE & is the perfect side dish for chicken, meat, plant-based protein, fish or seafood! AND, the best part? It requires VERY FEW INGREDIENTS!
It’s packed with tons of vitamins & minerals & loads of other health benefits, which we will get to in a jiffy!
OH & in case you were wondering, YES, it most definitely gives you your GREENS FIX (Not to mention, your cheese fix as well, BUT WITHOUT THE REAL CHEESE!).
PLUS, who doesn’t love green peas?
ALSO, there’s just something about the charred flavour of sautéed kale that gets me!
Before I tell you how simple this is to make, can we just discuss the health benefits of these two green superfoods for a second? Okay, great, thanks for your permission. Not like I needed it though. I mean, do I ever not rant?
GREEN PEAS, YOU ASK?
- Amazing source of vitamin K, manganese, B1, B2 + B6 copper, vitamin C, phosphorus & folate, as well as, zinc, magnesium, iron, potassium & choline!
- They’re also high in protein & fibre, which makes them great for digestion & which also means they’re satisfying & keep you fuller longer!
- They help regulate blood sugar, help with liver function & boost the immune system!
- They’re also energizing!
- Muscle, blood & bone health support!
- Contain tons of antioxidants, which means they may be effective in preventing certain types of disease & cancer!
- They may help prevent osteoporosis & candida!
Not freaking bad at all, right?
BUT WAIT, WHAT ABOUT KALE?
- Helps aid digestion due to its high fibre content!
- Boosts immunity & keeps the bones strong!
- Packed with antioxidants, so it may help prevent certain diseases, fight free radicals & prevent certain types of cancer!
- Helps lower blood cholesterol levels & lowers the risk of heart disease!
- Contains more iron than some meats!!!!! WHAT!
- Good source of vitamin A, B6, C + K, as well as iron, calcium, manganese, copper & potassium + omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for the gut & skin!
Okay so now that you know just HOW GOOD this is for you, admit you want to make it even more RIGHT NOW.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- About 1/2 package of frozen organic green peas;
- 3 heaping cups of chopped kale;
- 3 heaping tbsp. of nutritional yeast;
- The juice of one organic lemon;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning!
Now, for that HOW-TO:
- Ok, this is basically like a smoothie in a skillet. No, kay not actually, but what I mean is that this recipe requires so little effort & steps that it’s basically a blend & go, or rather, a sauté & go! LEGIT just add all the ingredients to a large skillet & heat over medium-high heat & toss / stir them until the veggies are coated in the seasoning.
- Once coated, sauté the veggies over medium-high heat for a few minutes (approx. 5 minutes) until the kale becomes wilted & charred and the peas cook through, but still remain somewhat firm (a.k.a. you don’t want mashed green pea “potatoes’, now do you?).
- Once the sauté is ready, remove from the heat & serve immediately or let cool & refrigerate in an airtight container!