OKAY, so you guys asked & I delivered!
I know that I’ve posted roasted carrot recipes in the past, but it seems like this one got your tastebuds flowing, ya know? I feel like it’s all about the turmeric baby (OK & maybe the curry too!!!).
I don’t go a weekend without meal prepping, let alone a weekend without including some roasted veggies in my meal prep! I just can’t! I NEED MY ROASTED VEGGIES, OKAY?
P.S. For some other roasted carrot recipes, click here:
- Warm & Comforting Maple Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Rounds ak.a. So Much Fall. So Much Yum. So Much YES!
- My Go-To Guide For Roasting & Sautéing Veggies From Start To Plate To Devour a.k.a. Making Your Meals (& Life) Easier One Day At A Time!
- Kelly’s Maple Dijon Oven-Roasted Charred Carrots a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Crunchy-&-Tender-Did-Someone-Say-Antioxidants?
OKAY, now these are probably the most flavourful I’ve ever made! Thanks to the curry & turmeric, OBVS.
- CURRY stimulates the immune system, reduces the risk of bacterial infections, improves bone, digestive & heart health, is anti-inflammatory, good for the nervous system, contains tons of antioxidants, which means it may help prevent certain types of cancer. It also contains manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamins K, E, B6 + folate! It may also help reduce the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis or Alzheimer’s disease.
- TURMERIC IS A SUPERFOOD! It boosts cognitive function by protecting brain cells by binding to & dissolving abnormal proteins, lowers bodily inflammation, supports heart health, promotes youthful radiant skin & fights lines & wrinkles, supports joint & muscle health, and eases muscular pain, boosts bodily detoxification by boosting and optimizing the function of the liver, which is the body’s primary detox organ, promotes healthy mood & sports healthy weight maintenance!
Now you know why I seasoned these carrots with these two spices, not to mention, the combination is DANGEROUSLY DELISH!
NOW, LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 a bag of carrots, PEELED & CUT IN HALF OR IN THREE (You can use a full bag, just make sure to up your quantities for the spices & seasonings!);
- 2 tsp. curry powder;
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric;
- 1 tsp. minced dried onion;
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning;
- OPTIONAL: 2 tsp. coconut sugar or 1 tbsp. pure organic maple syrup! (If you want to counter the savouriness of the spices!).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper;
- Peel your carrots, chop ’em then add them to a large bowl & season them with the spices & seasonings! Toss to make sure they are evenly coated & seasoned.
- Once seasoned, place the carrots on the lined baking sheet & roast them at 400F for 40 minutes. Once roasted, broil them on high for about 5 minutes (but check on them – high broil tends to burn quickly!).
- Remove from the oven & let cool on the baking sheet OR devour immediately!
- If storing them, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!
- Invest in yourself
- Weight gain
- Acne supplements
- greens in smoothie