Today’s post-workout smoothie was a little different than the usual (THE “UJE”)!
Usually, I use a mix of collagen peptides & vanilla sprouted protein, but today I changed the game up a bi! Still kept my collagen BECAUSE COLLAGEN, but swapped the vanilla protein for some vegan chocolate sprouted & fermented protein! (It’s the one by Sun Warrior). GUYS, I have to say, this protein is DELISH!
Like my Iron Vegan one (the vanilla one), it’s not grainy & doesn’t have that “whey” protein aftertaste (that legit makes me want to VOM!). It’s also sprouted, which means that I’m getting more benefits & nutrients from all the grains that are used to make this protein vegan & more importantly, it also makes it more digestible!
Not gonna lie, this isn’t JUST a blueberry chocolate smoothie. Like… I may or may not have also hid some cauliflower, greens, collagen & adaptogens in this baby & the result was mind blowing-ly exceptional!
Like… so exceptional that you’d never know that any of those things were in here (BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS THAT YOU’LL FEEL IT, A.K.A. I EAT FOR BENEFITS, YOU?).
AND BY ADAPTOGENS, I mean maca! Want a boost of energy? Need a little mood-pick-up? Need help regulating those hormones? Got a lot of stress you need to deal with but don’t know how to balance it all? Suffering from symptoms of anxiety? Need to calm overreacted or irritated skin? Want to boost that sex drive? (OH BABY).
YES. YES. YES. YES. SO MUCH YES!
NOW, without further ado, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 scoop of Sun Warrior Tribe fermented & sprouted vegan chocolate protein;
- 1/2 scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides (Replace with more protein for vegan alternative); WANT THEM? Use my affiliate link on the bottom right of the homepage of my blog!
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other plant-based milk or regular milk, if you prefer!);
- 1/2 cup of filtered water (Replace with more plant-based milk or regular milk for a little more creaminess!);
- Handful of spinach;
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries;
- 1 tsp. of Eco Ideas yellow maca;
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- For topping: Fresh berries, more cinnamon & One Degree Organics sprouted oat cacao quinoa granola!
- NOW, simply add all these delish ingredients to your blender, BLEND, check on the consistency (& add more liquid if you find it too ready or more protein/collagen or cauliflower if you wanna thicken it up a bit mo’!).
- Top with the toppings I suggested or any toppings of your choice!