9-Ingredient Vegan, Grain-Free & Naturally Sweet Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bites a.k.a. Legit The Healthiest Truffle You Ever Did See!
Wanna know how to use up a leftover can of pumpkin purée?
MAKE CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PROTEIN BALLS!
So as you guys know, I have a SICK ADDICTION with protein balls. But I mean… at least it’s a healthy addiction, right? What’s great about these is that you can prep them days in advance (& even double your batch), refrigerate half of it & freeze the other half for when you finish the fridge-batch, YA FEEL? Basically, they’re delicious, convenient & a super clean snack!!
Now, usually I make them with oats & that gives them a very crumbly, oat-y, granola-bar-y texture, WHICH IS FREAKING AWESOME, but today, I wanted to go for something still crumbly, but at little softer, something that resembled more of a ball of chocolate… I MEAN, A TRUFFLE. YES, A TRUFFLE!!!!!
And so, that’s how these babies came to life! Instead of doing the regular oats, almond butter & some other stuff, such as collagen, protein, coconut, vanilla etc., I used the pumpkin purée, cacao powder & chocolate protein powder to obtain that truffle consistency! THEN… LOADED IT UP WITH SOME PUMPKIN SPICE DELICIOUSNESS & of course, some almond butter to hold it all together & BAM!
All I’m asking for?
Ten minutes of your time.
A desire to eat clean!
A SH*TLOAD OF EXCITEMENT WHEN IT COMES TO CHOCOLATE! (Not a chocolate lover? These will change that).
NOW, without further ado, let me tell you WHY. I mean, would I really make a statement that these will change your freaking tastebuds without telling you why?
These babes are:
- refined sugar-free!
- fudgy AF, like chocolate truffle level 100!
- crumbly AF thanks to the coconut flour!
- full of vitamins, minerals & nutrients: cacao (a superfood), protein, antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats (thanks to the almond butter & coconut flour)!
- great for digestion!
- heart-healthy thanks to the almond butter & pumpkin!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of raw organic cacao powder;
- 1/4 cup of vegan sprouted & fermented chocolate protein powder;
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut flour;
- 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin purée;
- 1/4 cup of raw organic almond butter;
- 1/4 cup of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tsp. of Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg;
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients & mix until all ingredients are combined & incorporated and there’s no powder leftover!
- Roll the batter into 15-18 truffles/balls, based on desired size!
- Store the babes in the fridge to firm the F up!