Back again with another delish side dish! I actually posed a poll & asked you guys if you would prefer a cauliflower rice recipe or cauliflower mash & you guys asked for mash, SO MASH YOU GOT! And honestly, I don’t blame you guys! With the cold weather creeping up on us, it’s only natural for us to start craving warm, creamy, rich & comforting foods! This recipe FITS all those criteria!!
Made with just dried herbs, nutritional yeast, fresh garlic, cauliflower & black pepper + sea salt, but you’d never know there’s no dairy in here, let alone that these aren’t potatoes! Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring or flavourless – this mash is a testament to that & a great alternative for those cutting back on sugar or carbs!
As you guys know, cauliflower is PACKED WITH FIBRE! But it also provides tons of other benefits: reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer (due to its antioxidant content!), boosts immune system, great for heart health, helps increase blood flow, boosts energy, promotes eye health, fights inflammation, provides high levels of vitamins & minerals (especially vitamin C & K), improves digestion & detoxification, helps maintain a healthy weight & may even help balance hormones!
Now, I’m not saying potatoes aren’t healthy. BUT, when you can accomplish the same (or an even better result) with cauliflower, get tons of health benefits, a lower-carb alternative & a scrumptious texture, WHY WOULDN’T YOU MAKE THESE? Obviously, good old REAL DEAL mashed potatoes are okay sometimes, in moderation (like anything!) but, cauliflower mash is definitely a great meal prep idea to have on hand throughout the week, especially if the rest of your meal is richer in carbs & you want to tone it down a bit with your side dish!
ANYWHO, now that I’ve convinced you to make these, and TBH, I don’t think you needed MUCH convincing, let’s get down to business!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 full of head of cauliflower, STEMMED & CUT UP;
- 2 tbsp. of nutritional yeast;
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes;
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary;
- 2 tsp. dried oregano or basil;
- Black pepper & sea salt for seasoning;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiled, add in your cauliflower & boil for about 20 minutes! (It doesn’t matter if the cauliflower gets overly softened – if anything, IT SHOULD! You really want to get the cauli to a point where it’ll be super easy to blend in your food processor, without any other fluids! You should be able to stick a fork directly through & it should break apart when you do!).
- NOW, add your cauliflower & ALL the other ingredients to the bowl of your food processor & pulse until a creamy, silky, smooth consistency is attained! It should literally ressemble mashed potatoes in terms of texture!
- If you’ve got leftovers, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!