There is so much deliciousness coming your way, you have NO IDEA! As young guys know, for me, weekends (or at least a part of them) are for real prepping! And today screamed “MEAL PREP”. In the past few days, it’s gotten FREEZING COLD in Montreal, freezing to the point of not wanting to leave the house (No joke!). Sooooo, since leaving my house was not really an option, meal prep was screaming my name! (I mean, it was happening anyways, let’s be honest… But this freezing weather made it easier!).
Today, I changed up my roasted veggie game a bit! Usually, I do zucchini, brussels, asparagus or sweet potato, but today I was feeling some roasted peppers! I mean, what’s better than a good old roasted charred pepper?! Ya feel me?
These are great:
- as is;
- as sandwich toppings;
- chopped up in salads;
- as toppings for bowls;
- as a side dish with a main meal!
Made with just raw organic apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, ground cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, sea salt & turmeric & ROASTED + BROILED TO PERFECTION, these babies are delicious!
OKAY, but wait… AS YOU GUYS KNOW, I eat for benefits. So, what health benefits can red peppers provide? Let me explain!
- they’re eye-healthy & heart healthy!
- they help boost the immune system!
- they help lower bad cholesterol & regulate blood pressure!
- they are anti-inflammatory!
- they help fight certain types of disease!
- packed with vitamin C, A, E, K & B9!
- high in fibre!
Not to mention, you get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar (Read all about them here: The Nitty-Gritty on None Other Than APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!, as well as a host of essential amino acids from the coconut aminos (& way less sodium!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 8-10 small bell peppers or 3-4 large bell peppers;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1 tsp. of ground turmeric;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- Sea salt for seasoning;
- 2 tbsp. of coconut aminos;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment;
- Cut the peppers lengthwise, making sure to remove all seeds & season with all the ingredients. Toss until all the peppers are evenly coated in the mixture!
- Place the peppers individually on the baking sheet & bake for 25 minutes at 400F then broil on high for 5 minutes, until peppers are browned, charred, fragrant & roasted to perfection!
- DEVOUR STAT!
- Or let cool & store in an airtight container + refrigerate!