Didn’t have time to prep overnight oats last night, but still want creamy delicious oats this morning? I GOTCHU!
These 10-minute gluten-free & vegan vanilla banana oats are to die for, perfect for busy mornings, a good balance between all the essential macronutrients, packed with vitamins & minerals & super satisfying, comforting & filling!
I think it’s safe to say I’ve made my point as to why on earth oats are so damn good for you & why we should all make it a point to try to incorporate them more into our diets! If you want to know more, read one of my 80028402403289 blog posts! No, but seriously, oats are so beneficial to your health & due to their high fibre & protein content, they make for a great way to start and energize your morning & will keep you full & satisfied until lunch! They are also packed with tons of vitamins & minerals and provide tons of digestive health benefits! They’re a great alternative to refined-sugar packed & processed cereals that are loaded with ingredients you can’t pronounce, sugar concealed in 138024823 different ways & that will leave you hungry half an hour after you eat an entire bowl-full!
What’s great about these babies is that unlike a lot of my other overnight oat recipes, this one doesn’t contain ANY DAIRY whatsoever, so not only is it gluten-free but it’s also vegan! That means more of you munchkins can make ’em & devour ’em!
NOW, the best part about them? OBVI THEY ARE DELISH, but… the best part has got to be how quick & simple they are to prepare… legit, 10 minutes.
What’s also NUTS is that you get the same texture (or very similar) to that of overnight oats (which BTW, also take 10 minutes prepare but then sit in the fridge all night)! So basically, for those nights where you were too
tired LAZY to make your overnight oats, worry not. THESE OATS ARE HERE TO SAVE THE DAY (well rather, I AM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY WITH THIS OATS RECIPE) & to give you your overnight oats fix stat!
Because they’re so simple, quick & easy to prepare, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE TO SKIP BREAKY OR NOT TO TAKE IT WITH YOU ON-THE-GO. Okay?
Now, without further ado, let’s get right to it (I mean, if I’m giving you a recipe that takes 10 minutes to prepare, I might want to limit the ranting so that you could actually get to making it, YA FEEL ME BRUH?P).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or regular milk or other plant-based/nut milk!);
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 a banana, MASHED (separately, before adding to the stockpot);
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon;
- TOPPINGS: Fruits, nuts, seeds, granola or muesli, cinnamon, cacao powder, maca etc.);
NOW, THAT HOW-TO?
- Add oats, nut milk, vanilla, cinnamon & mashed banana to a stockpot. Boil over medium-high heat until nut milk is absorbed, all ingredients are combined & your oats are creamy & thick.
- If you find they are sticking to the pot, you might want to add a splash or two more of almond milk!
- Remove the oats from the heat & add them to a bowl.
- Top with your yummy desired toppings & BREAKY IS SERVED!