Back again with another recipe!!!! (NEXT ONE SHOULD BE MY PANTRY STAPLES, so stay tuned for that! I think you guys are going to LOVE it!).
But right now, we’re not talking pantry tour. Right now, we’re talking THESE GLUTEN-FREE & NUT-FREE COLLAGEN INFUSED NO-BAKE CACAO GRANOLA BARS (with a little kick, which we will get to shortly!).And no, by “kick”, I don’t mean alcohol. (Sorry if I disappointed y’all, BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS KICK IS ONE YOU’LL WANT!).
What’s this kick I speak of? CHAGA MUSHROOM!
Basically, chaga is an immune-boosting superfood. But, it’s not JUST THAT. It also:
- helps reduce stress;
- protects against certain types of cancer(it is the most potent fungus against cancer);
- promotes longevity;
- protects against candida overgrowth & microbial infections;
- has anti-inflammatory properties;
- helps regulate the immune system;
- improves your overall vitality & well-being;
- is a natural source of essential vitamins & minerals;
- is a powerhouse of over 200 phytonutrients;
- is a freaking adaptogen (which means that it helps your body reach a state of balance or homeostasis & helps your adrenal glands in the regulation of stress hormones, such as cortisol).
So yes, in case you were wondering, these granola bars are infused with all these benefits!
BUT, THEY’RE ALSO INFUSED WITH ALL THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN. Need a reminder of what those are? Click here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
I could go on & on about all the benefits of every single one of the ingredients in these bars because they’re made with JUST REAL WHOLESOME FOODS. There is literally NOTHING bad in them. Try comparing the ingredients on this babies with the ingredients of some bars hiding at the back of your pantry. YOU’LL ABSOLUTELY FREAK (in a bad way) & the worst part is… THESE ARE PROBABLY JUST AS DELICIOUS IF NOT BETTER THAN THE GARBAGE HIDING ON THE GROCERY SHELVES.
JUST AS AN EXAMPLE: The KIND Vanilla, Blueberry & Cashew Bar contains the following ingredients: Cashews, blueberry pieces (blueberries, sugar, apples, plum, apple juice, vegetable glycerine, citrus pectin, natural blueberry flavor), almonds, honey, non GMO glucose, raisins, crisp rice, chicory root fiber, vanilla extract, soy lecithin, sunflower oil.
- White, processed, refined sugar. NO COMMENT, TBH.
- Vegetable glycerine known to contain sulphides, which can lead to asthma or breathing problems. Some types also contain preservatives that are added to extend shelf life. Other symptoms reported include itching, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, shortness of breath or hives.
- Honey, which by the looks of this ingredient list, is most probably not raw, organic or unpasteurized, a.k.a. it’s void of any nutrients & it’s just extra sugar for NOTHING.
- Non GMO glucose. HELLO. IT’S 2017. KIND, WHY ARE YOU STILL PUTTING GLUCOSE IN YOUR BARS, PEOPLE?
Any who lovies, all this to say, IN ORDER TO AVOID THAT FREAK-OUT, TO FEED YOUR BODY GOOD FREAKING FOOD, THAT ACTUALLY CONTAINS A TON OF NUTRITION & HEALTH BENEFITS, MAKE THESE BARS!
And nope, I wouldn’t order you to do something if I wasn’t going to tell you how, SO LET’S GET RIGHT INTO IT BABES!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2.5 cups of brown rice puffs;
- 1/2 cup of creamy almond butter;
- 1/2 cup of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tbsp. raw organic pumpkin seeds;
- 2 tbsp. of hemp hearts;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (replace with vegan protein for vegan alternative!);
- P.S. Buy this using my affiliate link located at the bottom of the homepage of my blog!
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 1/2 tbsp. of Chaga mushroom powder;
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic cacao powder!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper(It can be a loaf pan, a round pan or an 8×8 pan, to your liking!);
- Add all your ingredients to a large bowl & stir well until they’ve been fully combined & incorporated & all the liquid has been absorbed by the dry ingredients!
- Spread the mixture evenly into the lined baking pan. Use a wooden or rubber spatula to make sure it’s even & that all corners are filled!
- Once the batter is spread into the baking pan, use a piece of wax paper to firmly press down on the mixture & leave it there!
- Freeze the babes for about 2-3 hours, or overnight, if possible!
- Once firmed up & frozen, remove from the freezer & gently lift the piece of wax paper. It should be relatively easy to lift! Once lifted, slide the granola bar cake (LITERALLY) out of the baking pan & slice your bars to desired size & thickness!
- Once sliced, individually package your bars in wax paper & store them in a Ziploc freezer bag! Keep them in the freezer for best results & for them to last longer! (They will soften too much in the fridge & will ressemble more of a “protein bite” texture/consistency, aka: they will be sticky-ish! This is why I prefer freezing them to preserve their firm, chewy but crumbly & hard texture!).