9-Ingredient Vegan Kale Garlicky Avocado Dip a.k.a. Guac With A Twist & How To Save Your Kale 101!
So last night, I was cleaning out my fridge (when am I not cleaning it? LOL) & I realized I had a bunch of extra kale that WOULD’VE gone bad had I not done what I do best… FOUND A WAY TO USE IT SO THAT IT DOESN’T GO TO WASTE!
As you guys can probably tell, I’m really big on dips & spreads lately. Like I’m just into them. I don’t know why. So, in the spirit of dips & spreads, it was late, I was lazy & I wanted to make something quick, simple & easy that would SAVE MY KALE & OBVI, BE DELISH.
With the help of my trusted BREVILLE BOSS BLENDER, which BTW, I would not be able to live without these days, that’s how this BABE CAME TO LIFE. In just under 5 minutes. Not kidding. AND WITH JUST 9 INGREDIENTS!
Kay, but let’s be honest, you freaking adore me for how easy I’m making your life right now. Admit it. NOW. Don’t lie.
Now, yes it was late. Yes, I was lazy. And yes, I wanted to get out of the kitch stat & go cuddle in bed… BUT, THAT DOESN’T MEAN THAT THIS SPREAD DOESN’T PACK A HOST OF BENEFITS! I mean… have you met me?
- Simple doesn’t have to mean unhealthy.
- Quick doesn’t have to mean fast-food void of nutrition.
- & Lazy doesn’t have to mean bad for you.
SO WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT THIS RECIPE?
- Packed with essential vitamins A, C & K, as well as minerals like copper, potassium, iron, manganese & phosphorus!
- Most store-bought guacamoles contain cream, milk, sugar, gums & starches – this one contains NONE OF THAT!
- Beauty-boosting thanks to the avo!
- Flavourful AF!
- Ready in 5 minutes!
- Nut, dairy, gluten, sugar & grain free!
- Creamy, luscious, silky & smooth!
- Vegan, paleo, vegetarian & whatever other dietary restriction is out there, IT SATISFIES IT!
- Garlicky AF!
- Made with coconut vinegar, which contains tons of amino acids!
I told you that simple didn’t have to mean bad-for-you. NOW, DO YOU BELIEVE ME? C’mon… cut me some slack here, babes!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE IT?
- 2 massive handfuls of kale, CHOPPED (Swap for spinach, if you wish!);
- 1 avocado;
- The juice of 1 organic lemon;
- 1/2 cup of water;
- 1/4 cup of coconut vinegar;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. dried drill;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning;
- OPTIONAL: Red pepper chilli flakes or Sriracha to make it SPICAYYYYY!
NOW, as if the ingredients list wasn’t simple enough, wait until you see how simple this babe is to whip up!
- Simply add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor & blend until smooth & creamy!
- If you find your blender is having trouble blending it all up or it’s too thick? Add more water or coco vinegar to your liking!
- Serve as a dip for veggies &/or chicken/seafood, a spread for an avo toast spin or crackers or a topping for bowls!
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days!