HAPPY MONDAY! (Nope, I’m not actually “that” enthusiastic about Mondays, but ya know, gotta embrace it!!!!).
In anticipation of my busy AF morning today & a very necessary post-spin refuel, last night, I whipped up some… wait for it…
BLUEBERRY COLLAGEN OVERNIGHT OATS!!!!
I’ve whipped up a couple other overnight oats recipes in the past & they are DANG DELISH, but this time, I decided to step my game up a bit!!! And by step my game up, I mean add in a good dose of collagen for all the benefits it entails (which BTW, you can read all about HERE) & some healthy fats! (Especially since I was planning to devour this after an intense morning workout!).
The recipe is pretty basic & takes almost no time to prepare, which means, YES, you can prep it late Sunday night when you were just about to hit the sack & you realized you had no idea what you’d take to work with you for breakfast tomorrow morning! It’s so easy that you can do it with your eyes ALMOST closed!
This breakfast is:
- full of plant-based protein, fibre & healthy fats!
- gluten-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free & dairy-free!
- & even possibly vegan! all you gotta do is switch up the Collagen for some vegan protein! (I like the one by Iron Vegan);
- naturally sweetened with vanilla & cinnamon!
- packed with antioxidants & all the beauty, energy-boosting, gut health & muscle/joint strength & recovery benefits of collagen!
- READY STAT. NOTHING to do in the morning except take it out of the fridge!
- Perfect for busy mornings, on-the-go friendly, keeps you accountable & ensures that you get in a healthy big breaky to fuel you for your day!
- creamy, scrumptious & comforting!
- & absolutely delicious!
SO YES, just in case you were wondering, what all of that means is that this breakfast is A DREAM COME TRUE.
Now, out of fear that I’m making you salivate too much at the thought of these babies, I won’t make you wait MUCH longer!
And by “much“, I mean, I WON’T MAKE YOU WAIT ANY LONGER – LET’S GET RIGHT DOWN TO BUSINESS!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 1 tsp. of hemp hearts (Replace with flax or chia seeds, if you prefer!);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 tsp. of Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1/2 pint of blueberries;
- 3/4 or 1 full scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Replace with vegan protein for vegan alternative – I like the one by Iron Vegan!);
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS (to be added in the morning): Raspberries, blackberries, sliced banana, granola, pumpkin seeds, more cinnamon, cacao powder, etc. THE POSSIBILITES ARE ENDLESS! Whatever floats your boats, babies!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl & mix them thoroughly until all the liquid has been absorbed by the oats!
- Place the oats in a Tupperware/glass container & refrigerate overnight!
- DEVOUR TOMORROW MORNING (& top with any additional toppings of your choice!).