Reduced-Sugar Blueberry Spinach (& Cauliflower) Protein Shake a.k.a. The Prettiest Purple Smoothie You Ever Did See!
OKAY, soooooo amidst all the meal prep, I needed a little break & breaks often call for food, or smoothies, or both. FOOD IN THE FORM OF SMOOTHIES. Okay? For all those who think that a smoothie can’t be a meal, or a ridiculously energy-boosting post-workout refuel, I think it’s safe to say, by now, that I’ve convinced you of the contrary, no? THOUGHT SO!
ANYWHO, my break from meal prep consisted of this smoothie (& making my bestie breaky…!). And let me tell you, I was afraid this one wouldn’t be sweet enough because I toned it down in the fruit department, BUT… MY FEARS WERE UNFOUNDED. Guys, it was JUST RIGHT! Perfectly perfect! So silky smooth & creamy! So delish! Just the right hint of greens & some superfood powders to boast!
This is not to say that I don’t love a fruit-packed smoothie, but I was down to try something a little different than the “UJE” (Is that how you spell it?) today & so this babe came to life. I WASN’T EVEN MAD BRO!
So, since you know all about why collagen, açai, cauliflower, chlorella, blueberries & cinnamon are great for y’all (thanks to me, in part, at least, right?), THIS ONE’S GONNA BE SHORT & SWEET!
Let’s get right to it! Kay?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Replace with more protein if you want a vegan option!);
- P.S. You can purchase the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides with my affiliate link located at the bottom of the homepage of my blog!
- 1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Vegan Protein;
- A handful of spinach;
- A few chunks of steamed cauliflower (Replace it with banana if you haven’t yet hopped on the cauli bandwagon!);
- 1/3 cup of frozen organic blueberries;
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- 1 tsp. Navitas Organics açai powder;
- 1 tsp. chlorella;
- 1/2 cup of water;
- TOPPINGS: One Degree Organics cacao quinoa sprouted oat granola & more cinnamon
OKAY GUYS, now for that HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients to a blender & BLEND until silky smooth & creamy!
- Top with the granola & more cinnamon & DEVOUR!