6-Ingredient Vegan & Gluten-Free Dried Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies a.k.a. Your-Oatmeal-Cookie-Dream-Come-True-With-The-Perfect-Chew-To-Crumble-Ratio!
OKAY, so today’s meal prep ended with these vegan & gluten-free dried cranberry oatmeal cookies!
As you guys most probably already know, I like to make some sort of cookie, protein bite, muffin, or other baked treat as part of my weekend meal prep because:
- it’s a great way to always have a snack on hand for when I get hungry throughout the day!
- it’s also awesome because I know every single ingredient that went into making the food so I don’t have to worry about some concealed ingredients making their way into my body & making me feel like crap!
- it’s a great way to avoid the annoying temptation to pick up packaged snacks on-the-go, simply because it’s the easier, lazier, quicker & simpler way to do it!
- THEY’RE DAMN DELICIOUS & a great way to satisfy the sweet tooth craving, without having to compromise flavour, BUT WITH A HELLA LOT MORE NUTRITION & HEALTH BENEFITS!
So, in line with all of the above, I made these cookies today & I’m so excited to eat them ALL WEEK LONG BABY!
What’s so awesome about them?
- made with just 6 ingredients (gluten-free rolled oats, dried organic unsweetened cranberries, coconut flower syrup, Ceylon cinnamon, banana & organic unsweetened applesauce)!
- super healthy & clean!
- the perfect chew to crumble ratio (what I mean is chewy on the inside & crumbly on the outside!)
- simple AF! (so simple, you’re basic)
- ready in under 20 minutes!
- super versatile (you can add in nut butters, seeds, nuts, cacao powder, jam, chocolate chips or dried fruit!)
- packed with fibre, good for you carbs, healthy fats & tons of protein!
- great on the go snack!
- boost of potassium (thanks to the banana!)
- naturally sweet!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of organic gluten-free rolled oats;
- 1 banana, MASHED;
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened applesauce;
- 1/4 cup of coconut flower syrup;
- Feel free to sub for pure organic maple syrup if you wish!
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened dried cranberries;
- Ceylon cinnamon!
- OPTIONAL: FEEL FREE to add in nut butters, seeds, nuts, cacao powder, jam, chocolate chips or dried fruit!
OKAY, but let’s be honest… can I make your lives ANY MORE EASIER?
NOW WAIT A SEC, why on earth did I use cranberries instead of chocolate chips? LIKE… AM I OKAY?
Yes yes, I’m fine. Thanks for asking!
Let me explain!
- Helps cure urinary tract infections!
- Promotes healthy kidneys!
- Full of vitamin C!
- Helps lower bad cholesterol!
- Fights off certain types of disease & cancer!
- Improves mental health!
- May help relieve certain problematic skin conditions!
- Super duper uber high in antioxidants!
- Great for respiratory system health!
- Taste & texture-wise, they add a natural sweetness that’s comparable to that of raisins, BUT EVEN BETTER & texture… oh baby, when they freaking bake in the oven & melt into that oatmeal cookie batter… I DIE.
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper;
- Mash the banana in a bowl & then add in all the other ingredients & mix ’em all together until fully combined & incorporated, a.k.a. UNTIL YOU’VE GOT OATMEAL COOKIE BATTER;
- Scoop the dough (about 1.5 tablespoons each) onto your baking sheet! Press down on the dough with your hands or a tablespoon to slightly flatten because they won’t spread that much during baking. SO BASICALLY, WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!
- Bake the BABES until golden brown for anywhere between 15 & 20 minutes, depending how golden you like ’em! I baked mine for 18 minutes & it was PERF!
- Remove the babes from the oven & let set for about 5 minutes on the pan (JUST KIDDING, TASTE THEM ASAP!).
- Once cooled & if you do happen to have some leftovers, BY SOME FREAKING UNICORN-MIRACLE, store them either in an airtight container or in a sealed Ziploc bag!
- You can either refrigerate them to keep them fresher longer, or you can keep them out on the counter in the container at room temperature… AND LET’S BE HONEST, THEY AREN’T LASTING THAT LONG ANYWAY, right