YOU GUYS, IT’S GETTING FREAKING COLD OUT. OKAY? And I don’t know about you but when it gets cold out, I get all kinds of hot chocolate cravings.
Hot chocolates take me back to those FREEZING COLD NIGHTS at sleep-away camp when I was younger sitting around a bonfire with my best girls! The only difference between those hot chocolates & the one I whipped up tonight is that the ones at sleep away camp were
slightly A LOT MORE unhealthy, filled with mini marshmallows, real freaking dairy milk chocolate, real damn white sugar & kinda processed! The one I made tonight is slightly A LOT MORE healthy, filled with maca instead of marshmallows, real freaking dairy-free ORGANIC CACAO POWDER, not processed at all & naturally sweetened with pure organic vanilla extract & Ceylon cinnamon!
I guess you can say things change overtime… BUT LET ME TELL YA, when you get used to this way of eating & this lifestyle, a hot cacao like the one I made tonight tastes like a freaking treat & a half! Now, this is not to say that the ones from sleep away camp wouldn’t do the trick just right tonight… BUT YA KNOW, something’s gotta give & there’s ALWAYS a way to make a healthier alternative that will make you FEEL GOOD & still give you that CHOCOLATE FIX!
(I won’t lie… I might just have to give in to one of the good ‘ol real hot chocolates at some point this winter though!)
ANYWHO, this babe of a mug is absolutely-positively PERFECT for the cold winter months we’re about to brave. MY LOVES… WINTER IS COMING!
So what’s so DAMN GOOD about this hot chocolate?
- Vegan & gluten-free!
- Refined sugar-free!
- Rich & indulgent!
- Naturally sweet!
- Want it to be more bitter? Add more cacao & less vanilla!
- Want it sweeter? Add more vanilla, some raw organic honey or some pure organic maple syrup!
- Super easy to make, like in 5 minutes!
- Energy-boosting, hormone balancing, helps manage stress & anxiety, mood enhancer & cures the fatigue (thanks to the maca!)
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3/4-1 cup of Califia Farms organic unsweetened almond milk;
- 1 tbsp. Organic Traditions cacao powder;
- 1/2-1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract (depending how sweet you want it) &/or pure organic maple syrup;
- 1/2 tsp. Eco Ideas yellow maca;
- Ceylon cinnamon!
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Cacao nibs, more Ceylon cinnamon or some dairy-free whipped cream if you wanna be über-adventurous!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
This is so easy it’s almost a joke. BUT I’M STILL TELLING YOU HOW TO MAKE IT!
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium-low heat until smooth, hot & all the clumps of powder have been broken down & combined!
- Top with any & all toppings you wish!