Okay, guys, there is nothing like spin circuit class to make you go from 100 to zero real quick! As you know, I LOVE a good morning workout for all its benefits. BUT, I also LOVE my night workouts!
Ok but wait, HOLD UP: How on earth do I chose them over binge watching Grey’s Anatomy?!
Let me explain!
- Working out at night is the perfect opportunity to let out frustration & stress after a tough &/or long day! It’s probably the most positive way of dealing with it (as opposed to letting it out on family members or friends or anyone around you, for that matter!
- Not only is it a great way to let out frustration, but it’s also a good way to de-stress, let go of everything that awaits you tomorrow, press pause & give yourself time to unplug & unwind.
- It helps you sleep better (& deeper)! After a night workout, getting into bed feels THAT much better!
- It teaches you dedication, commitment & gives you motivation. It’s easy to come home after a long day & say “I’m too tired, I’m skipping it” but if you get into a consistent routine, night workouts will become a part of you & become easier with time!
- Research has shown that muscle function & strength peak in the PM & that we can go up to 20% longer in the evenings & at higher intensity! (Cortisol levels are higher in the morning & this can inhibit muscle growth, while testosterone is higher at night, which boosts muscle growth).
- You hit the sheets feeling accomplished & in a great mood! (Thanks to all the endorphins released during your workout!).
- You’re fuelled up food-wise so your muscles have all the energy they need to work their hardest!
- It gives you something to look forward to all day & is a great precursor for staying on track with healthy eating because you know a workout is waiting for you!
- Working out at night may benefit your metabolism!
Personally, I like to switch it up between morning & night workouts and there are obviously pros & cons to both, depending on your lifestyle, work/life balance & personal preferences!
BUT: All this to say, there is NO right time to do it.
Do what works for you & what makes you feel your absolute best.
Be proud of yourself for taking on the challenge & fitting it into your schedule in the first place & FIT IT IN WHENEVER POSSIBLE!
There’s no better feeling than a workout & I don’t care at what time of the day it is – A workout is a workout. Get it in.