OKAY, so this morning, I was feeling something a little more green & tropical! Ya know? While I absolutely ADORE my berry smoothies, I felt like changing it up a bit today for something a little more citrusy / tropical-y (making that a word, too bad!). PLUS, while berries pack a heap of nutritional benefits, so do all the ingredients in this babe of a smoothie, SO LET ME TELL Y’ALL, I DIDN’T SKIMP ON HEALTH (I mean… do I ever? Okay fine, sometimes, here & there… BUT ALL IN MODERATION!).
NOW, if you’re feeling the tropical vibes like MOI, you will absolutely ADORE THIS (& if like me, you’ve been on the berry bandwagon for quite some time, CHANGE IT UP A BIT! YOU WON’T REGRET IT, trust me!). ALL THIS TO SAY… I GOTCHU!
NO JOKE, this smoothie kept me full ALL MORNING, got me through a HELLA AB WORKOUT & made me feel amazing, energized, light, fuelled up & awake!!!!!!
Spinach, kale, pineapple, mango & tart cherries are just a few of the babes in this DELISH concoction, packed with vitamin C, iron, protein, potassium & fibre!
Y’all know what’s so good about kale & spinach ’cause I’ve ranted about it in about a million of my posts! Need a reminder?
- SPINACH is anti-inflammatory, gives you your greens fix & is a great source of & antioxidants! It can help lower cholesterol, is high in niacin, zinc, protein, fibre, vitamins A, C, E & K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, protein copper & manganese (I mean… IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?). It can also help regulate blood pressure, can boost immune system, help maintain a healthy nervous system, help with digestion & is rich in antioxidants!
- KALE is packed with fibre, iron & vitamin K! It’s filled with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, may also help lower cholesterol, is super high in vitamin A, C & calcium! It’s VITAL for heart & nervous system health, eye & skin health, metabolism, hydration, bone strength, and it’s also a detofix food, due to its high fibre & sulfur content, which can also help keep your liver healthy!
As for PINEAPPLE, MANGO & TART CHERRIES, those are things we haven’t spoken about THAT MUCH, so I’ll just give you a little overview! How’s that?
- PINEAPPLE is amazing for immune system support, bone strength, eye health, is packed with vitamin C & antioxidants, great for digestion & has anti-inflammatory benefits! It also contains high quantities of vitamin B1 & manganese, which are great for energy!
- MANGO can help lower cholesterol, clear the skin, is great for eye health, helps alkalize the body & balance your pH levels, improves digestion & is packed with fibre, may help prevent certain types of disease & cancer, due to certain antioxidant compounds in mango! Mango is also great for bone health!
- TART CHERRY is packed with antioxidants & tons of other nutrients! It may help increase strength, reduce muscle soreness, improve sleep (by providing a natural source of melatonin, which is the chemical compound in our bodies responsible for our sleep & wake cycle), may help reduce symptoms of arthritis & gout, promotes brain health, provides immune system strength, may help reduce pain and inflammation & also improves circulation, heart health & cognitive health!!
OKAY, NOW LET’S BE HONEST, HOW IS THAT FOR A MORNING BOOST? (& those are just some of the rockstar ingredients in this baby!!!!)
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- a heaping handful of spinach;
- a heaping handful of kale;
- a few chunks of frozen pineapple;
- a few chunks of frozen mango;
- 4-5 frozen tart cherries;
- 1/2 scoop Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein;
- 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides (Use my affiliate link located at the bottom of the homepage of my blog to purchase!);
- 2 tsp. of Eco Ideas baobab powder (READ ALL ABOUT ITS BENEFITS HERE: 5-Ingredient Vegan & Gluten-Free Baked Mini Apple Cinnamon Pecan Pies a.k.a. How-To-Satisfy-Your-Pecan-Pie-Craving-In-25-Minutes (Sans The Guilt!) & do yourselves a favour & make these pecan pies as well!).
- Ceylon cinnamon;
- 2/3 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Califia Farms!);
- 2/3 cup of water
- For topping: more Ceylon cinnamon & One Degree Organics sprouted oat quinoa cacao granola!
NOW, all you gotta do (OBVS) is add the ingredients to your blender, PRESS BLEND (YA THINK?), pour into a tall glass once desired taste / consistency is obtained & top with the granola & more cinnamon!!!!