NOPE. MEAL PREP ISN’T DONE YET. This babe of a spread/dip/whatever you wanna call it was ALSO on the menu today & I know, I just know, she’s going to be a classic!!!!
So avocado & chickpeas are probably two of my fave foods (Lord knows I have TONS of other ones, but I definitely have soft spots for both of these!)… so imagine how HAPPY it makes me when they work together this PERFECTLY when combined. PRETTY FREAKING HAPPY, GUYS, PRETTY FREAKING HAPPY. Let me tell you.
And I HOPE THIS BABE OF A RECIPE MAKES YOU JUST AS HAPPY! (I don’t even know why I’m here hoping, like, there’s no doubt in my mind that it will. ZERO DOUBT BABY. ZERO DOUBT!).
This recipe is also a great place for you to get started if you’re trying to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet! If you wanna know why I strongly recommend doing that, read this: It’s 2017: Let’s Plant-Based-Protein-It-Up! Ya Dig? (No Pun Intended!)
But, aside from that, WHAT ELSE MAKES IT SO GOOD? Let me explain!!!
- GUAC + HUMMUS IN AN ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE DEAL. I mean…
- Creamy, smooth, luscious, silky!
- Savoury AF!
- HEALTHY FATS!
- Garlicky & citrusy!
- Clean & healthy!
- Still a little bit chunky!
- DELICIOUS AF.
- And the best part? Ready in just under 10 minutes!!!!!
And if all that wasn’t enough, don’t you know how obsessed I am with VERSATILITY?
Well, if you don’t know, NOW YOU KNOW.
And, why is this baby so versatile?
- Great as a spread for crackers, rice cakes, avo toast, sprouted bread!
- As a dip for veggies, tortilla chips, kale chips/beet chips (Crispy Crunchy Homemade Beet Chips a.k.a. It’s All About ‘Dam Beets (& Kale) & Homemade Kale Chips a.k.a. The-Most-Satisfying-Potato-Chip-Alternative a.k.a. Life)!
- You can even use it as a pasta sauce!
The possibilities are endless!!!!
Now, one possibility that you’re really, really, really going to LOVE & ADORE ME FOR, is making this guaca-hummus part of your life!!!!!
Without further ado, let’s get right to it, my loves!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 ripe AF avocados (It honestly doesn’t even matter if they’re starting to turn a little bit brown! Might as well use ’em!);
- 1 540ml can of organic chickpeas, RINSED & DRAINED;
- P.S. You should ALWAYS rinse & drain your canned beans (even if they are organic!!!). This helps reduce the sodium & complex sugar content (complex sugars are very hard for our bodies to digest & often cause digestive issues, such as bloating). It also improves the flavour & texture of the beans because by rinsing off the salt/sugar, you are concentrating the flavour of the beans!
- 4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro;
- 2 tsp. of Kozlik’s Lime & Honey mustard (or any other mustard of your choice!);
- The juice of 1 organic lemon;
- 3 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper;
- Sea salt for seasoning;
- A few pinches of cayenne;
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- LITERALLY, add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until all the chickpeas have been absorbed with the avo & the other ingredients! You should have a thick & creamy consistency!!
- IF YOU WANT A CHUNKY HUMMUS: Stop blending when MOST of the chickpeas have been blended up, but there are still a few chunks leftover (This is how I did it);
- IF YOU WANT A MORE SMOOTH HUMMUS: Keep blending until all the little chunks of chickpeas have been combined & incorporated & you have one uniform mix!
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!