SATURDAY MEAL PREP CONTINUES! Now, with some roasted spiced-up vegan cheesy eggplant rounds! Ya dig?
These are a super easy, very versatile meal prep solution that’s great to have on-hand for those meals you need to put together in 5 minutes!!!
AND OH BABY. The flavour on these bad boys is IN-FREAKING-SANE! There’s something about the combination of spices here that just WOWS me. I MEAN, AT THIS POINT, WHAT DOESN’T WOW ME WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD?
So at this point, I bet you’re wondering, why should you take time out of your precious day to make these babes? Let me explain!
- Great for bowls, topping for pizza or cubed up into a pasta, salads, sandwiches, avo toast, as a side dish, dipped in Greek yogurt or devoured as is!
- Packed with tons of savoury delicious spices!
- Tons of vitamins, minerals & nutrients, such as vitamin C, K, B6, thiamin, niacin, magnesium, copper, folic acid & potassium!
- Digestive health benefits!
- Great for bone health, brain health & for the skin!
If you want to know more about all the benefits of eggplant, you can check out my post HERE (& make this eggplant salad too, because it’s freaking delicious!!!!!): Kelly’s Vegan & Gluten-Free Clean Eating Moroccan Eggplant Salad a.k.a. When The Future Moroccan Mama In Me Comes Out, Oh & Garlicky, Versatile, Smokey, Savoury & Nutritious: Safe To Say She’s A Keeper!
I would rant about them NOW (again), but I’ll spare you guys (PLUS I have like 5028502852 other blog posts & recipes to write up!).
So now, without further ado, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 large eggplant, SLICED;
- 3/4 cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 4 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 2 tbsp. of nutritional yeast;
- 1 tsp. of Sriracha;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- The juice of 1 organic lemon;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper;
- Sea salt for seasoning;
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper.
Now, for that HOW-TO:
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper! Set aside.
- Slice the eggplant into rounds!
- Add the eggplant to the bowl with all the other ingredients & toss to combine until all the rounds have been coated in the spices, herbs & liquids!
- Once the eggplant is coated, lay the eggplant rounds onto the parchment-lined baking sheets!
- Bake the babes for 25 minutes at 375F, flipping once at halfway mark! (This step is unfortunately necessary!!!)
- Once baked, set your oven to a high broil & broil for 3 minutes!
- Remove from the oven, let cool before storing in an airtight container & refrigerate!